“Great staff, great location, great HOTEL!”

Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I’m not sure there is enough room to describe my stay with this Hampton Inn. So to sum it all up… WONDERFUL! From my early check in to my check out was pleasant. The front desk staffs were on top of it, making me feel welcomed, joking with me and my friends each time we walked passed them. The breakfast area was well kept and well stocked. The hotel grounds were kept up with as well. Shuttle staffs were funny as all heck! Honestly I don’t have any complaints about this property. I would defiantly stay there again and highly recommend them. Good job Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed there the weekend of October 19, 2012. The rooms and common areas are great. Very modern, if not actually brand new. When we asked for a taxi to get to Manhattan, we were told. We don't do that. Go out in the street and flag one down. The breakfast offered is lame. We walked next door to the La Guardia Inn restaurant which was fine and had very reasonable prices.
The main problem, which is not there fault, is the long and expensive taxi rides out and back from downtown. From now on we'll stay in the City.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I chose this hotel over the Marriott since it had better reviews. This hotel is literally accross the street from the Marriott and next door to Garden Plaza hotel. I was only looking for one night stay so I decided to stay here.
The hotel was clean, good customer service and easy check-in. The bed was comfortable and clean but had two downsides:
The heating unit was noisy. I had to turn it off in order to sleep comfortably. Once I did turn if off though, you can hear people speaking in the hallways. Definetely stay as far as possible to the end of the corrider and not near the elevators.

Room Tip: request rooms away from elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jerseyxguy
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Second time staying there while visiting NYC and I’ll definitely be back. I could get a great rate as compared to decent hotels in NYC. It’s literally a stone’s throw away from LaGuardia airport and they have a shuttle running almost all the time. My room was very clean and comfortable, breakfast was a breeze and the 24 hour coffee in the lobby is always a nice addition. I encountered a lot of staff members, smiles and greetings from all of them which is always refreshing. They were very busy for breakfast both morning but I still could in and out with no problem. The breakfast host ran and got us some fresh fruit while they were working on refilling the containers that was very nice of them! They recommended a car service for a flat rate anywhere in Manhattan which was very reasonable. Would definitely recommend stay there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I had an early flight from LaGuardia and stayed at the Hampton Inn because of the Hilton affiliation. I was a little apprehensive as some of the reviews were not good.
This is not a luxury/boutique hotel. This is a Hampton Inn
Check In was relatively easy. although there was only one attendant and always people checking in to the hotel.
The room was relatively clean. The bathroom was fine. The furniture dated but not atrocious. The bed was fine and I did not get bug bites. The carpet did have stains. I was placed in a smoking room but it did not stink like they usually do. I did have a problem with the air conditioner. It was noisy and the buttons on the unit didnt work. I didnt call the front desk as it was late and I didnt want to move rooms. When I brought this up later with the front desk they informed me there was a thermostat on the wall that I hadnt noticed that controlled the unit. Despite looking out at the runway of LaGuardia it wasnt noisy.
There was no wifi but a cable modem that was free for HiltonHonors
There was free breakfast with a waffle machine. They also had fruit and yogurts and some passable bagels.
There is shuttle to the airport every 20 minutes. It is about 5 minutes to LaGuardia. This did give me extra sleep in ot having to come in from the city. It is difficult to get a cab at the hotel and they use a limousine service. The limousine service was overpriced compared to a cab and the driver was rude. Nothing in walking distance of the hotel.
It served its purpose well, a passable room close to LaGuardia. I would stay there again in the same situation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jcmbfla
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I needed a convenient location to catch an early flight out of LGA and this Hampton Inn was the perfect option. I like to drop off my rental car the night before and the hotel shuttle picked me up at Hertz - no need to take the Hertz shuttle back to the airport and wait for the shuttle there. I called as I arrived at Hertz and didn't have to wait too long for the shuttle to arrive. From Hertz, we went to the airport to pick up several passengers.

Check in was quick and efficient and I was recognized for my HiltonHonors status. I observed the front desk attendant greeting all guests and welcoming them to the hotel. The rooms are clean and quiet and the hot water is H O T !! !! Toiletries are minimal, but this is standard practice for fly in/fly out locations.

In the morning, the shuttle runs every 20 minutes and is on time. My shuttle driver was quick to load all passengers' luggage and store them in order of arrival at the airport.

This is New York...hotels aren't cheap. :) For the location and convenience, I found the price to be quite reasonable.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed here thinking it would be a good service hotel. It was not. It is overpriced. The shuttle was so slow in coming even though it is right across the street. When I asked about food, the clerk pushed a place where his friend worked, and failed to mention that there was a Marriott with a full bar only a few feet away. But worst of all, after I was asleep, an unruly crew of out of control kids, and useless parents came in. The kids were running wild and screaming and laughing and the ignorant mother did not but yell, which did not help. I called downstairs for security to come up and the guy on the desk did not seem to care. When I checked out I expected the clerk to ask me about my stay but he didn't. That summed it up as they just don't care.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Darryl436, Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us in New York. We always appreciate hearing from our guests as you provide the best insight into how we can improve your experience with us. I apologize for the delay with our complimentary shuttle and I understand that noise from neighboring rooms was an issue during your time with us. Please know that we strive to have additional overnight managers available during high traffic periods to assure the comfort and safety of our guests, however we are sorry for the disturbance. I am sorry to hear you had an unpleasant encounter with a team member, we work hard to provide the best in customer service and your comments will serve as a reminder of how important our interactions really are. I do hope the next time you return to area you will consider staying with us again so that we may show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.

Darryl T. De Vito

New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing
Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport

Been to Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!