All reviews arts week next year play ground family and friends state park kids and adults non stop including food go karts looking forward to going back big room rooms are basic big difference all kinds music was great annual girls weekend food was great
Reviewed June 5, 2017

We stayed in pop-up camper, did not use any of the hotels. Seems to be a lot.
We went, with pop-up camper in tow. 1st time there. Everything seemed to have a plus & minus.
Checked in. The owner drove me around to show me the locations and let me pick where to set up. That was cool (+). Real friendly person. There was no map to view areas or we could have driven ourselves. No map to know where things were to know which way to go or where (-).
We had a few really hot days so the pool was exactly what was needed and a good size (+). They allow smoking which I'm fine with since at the time I smoked, but they don't have a separate smoking area at the outdoor bar and the smokers sat all around mixed in with the non-smokers, and by the kids which I was not pleased with. They should have one side smoking by the bar, the other non-smoking (-). We had a fire pit at our site for a personal fire (+). No idea where to get wood, other camp grounds have place to buy some, not there. Had to drive around the town for about 30 minutes to buy a few bundles from a gas station (take a right on 145, go down to 23, take right. Gas station on left - to save you time) (-).
They had playground and some small houses for the kids to play in (+). But not big or up to date, not as much for 4 yr. old kids to do (-).
Said they had go karts (+). No clue where or literature/signs to find them (-).
Had some cool buildings to walk by which they use for Halloween. Had some peacocks and some other small animals (+) which the kids liked. No (-) there. lol
Over-all, it's a fairly big place. We had a good time, but not that good of time to make us want to go back in the near future. Some maps, signs, organization would greatly help 1st time visitors, that helps make them 2nd time visitors.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeffrey_M_K
Reviewed May 17, 2017

This June will be my 9th year going to the Lost Treasure Weekend at Blackthorne! I just love the place and look forward to going every year. The Handle family are fantastic and always make you feel welcome. Pop, Roy, Dale, and Pat always do a great job with the event. I've met many new lifelong friends there. Sure the place is not a five star resort and it's showing it's age but the room's I've had were clean and comfortable and I have also camped there as well. They have recently made some renovations and even built a nice log cabin for guests. I love the food and their Pub is the best with some great entertainment and dancing! They have a nice pool, playground, petting zoo for the kids and bunny's everywhere!

Room Tip: I like the Shady Glen rooms across from the Office the best!
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2017

First time here and we stayed in one of the renovated rooms. Big room, nice wood floors, patio out back. Brought our 2 large pups here and were only charged $5/dog/night which was well worth it. Came during the Mary G. and Friends weekend where it was only $100 for the weekend including food and entertainment. How can you go wrong? Drinks at the bar are $3.50 and shots are $4. We are a big group of drinkers (26 of us) and can easily spend $100 between 2 people so we had to ask the bartenders about buybacks. As soon as we did they hooked us up! It was gorgeous Saturday where we could all be outside drinking and hanging out together but got a bit chilly on Saturday night so we used the fire pit. Would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms with the outdoor patio in the back
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank kdempsey15
Reviewed April 5, 2017

I'm very fond of this sort of rustic space. It's not fancy by any means, but my bed was comfortable, my room was clean, and the water temperature and pressure in the shower were perfect. Personally, I love seeing all the different elements that have clearly been added over time, so that you can explore and keep finding more- there are curious pygmy goats, peacocks, a wonderful playground, horseshoes and a bocce ball court, a giant robot, and so on. I also appreciated that there's a pub on site. What really made Blackthorne shine was the people, though. The staff and owners were very thoughtful and flexible, and that made for a wonderful stay. Little touches like someone sweeping the snow off of my stairs early in the morning, so they were clear when I got up, make a big difference to me!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank 0mkv
Blackthorne_Resort, Helper at Blackthorne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Thank you so much - we keep trying to work on the place and make it better for you! (Have you seen the Steampunk Car yet, or the Honey Tree? We really try to make your experience a great one, and we're so glad we were able to!

Do come by again sometime! We'd love to see you!

Is it okay if we quote this review? We really appreciate it.

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

Been going to this place for years! They have a little bit of everything going on there, a playground for the kids, a pool with an outdoor tiki bar....campsites. there are even some animals roaming around the property (goats, rabbits, chickens) they even participate in festivals such as the catskill mtn thunder, or as my friends and i would call it biker weekend.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family