All reviewsarts weeknext yearplay groundfamily and friendsstate parkkids and adultsnon stopincluding foodgo kartslooking forward to going backbig roomrooms are basicbig differenceall kindsmusic was greatannual girls weekendfood was great
Reviewed April 5, 2017

I'm very fond of this sort of rustic space. It's not fancy by any means, but my bed was comfortable, my room was clean, and the water temperature and pressure in the shower were perfect. Personally, I love seeing all the different elements that have clearly been added over time, so that you can explore and keep finding more- there are curious pygmy goats, peacocks, a wonderful playground, horseshoes and a bocce ball court, a giant robot, and so on. I also appreciated that there's a pub on site. What really made Blackthorne shine was the people, though. The staff and owners were very thoughtful and flexible, and that made for a wonderful stay. Little touches like someone sweeping the snow off of my stairs early in the morning, so they were clear when I got up, make a big difference to me!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank 0mkv
Blackthorne_Resort, Helper at Blackthorne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Thank you so much - we keep trying to work on the place and make it better for you! (Have you seen the Steampunk Car yet, or the Honey Tree? We really try to make your experience a great one, and we're so glad we were able to!

Do come by again sometime! We'd love to see you!

Is it okay if we quote this review? We really appreciate it.

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

Been going to this place for years! They have a little bit of everything going on there, a playground for the kids, a pool with an outdoor tiki bar....campsites. there are even some animals roaming around the property (goats, rabbits, chickens) they even participate in festivals such as the catskill mtn thunder, or as my friends and i would call it biker weekend.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank ursunshine0420
Reviewed February 7, 2017 via mobile

We were at the Blackthorne for a 3-day special Halloween weekend event run by a friend. Upon first glance the Blackthorne's decor reminds you of an old fashioned 1970's Catskills Resort, nothing special. But as soon as you sit down to eat the all-inclusive home-style all you can eat meals and interactive with 3+ generations of the family owners you realize that this resort has a character of its own that really does earn it a special reputation. There's more to the Blackthorne than just the vast grounds, bar inhabited by locals as well as visitors, and communal dining hall.

The town main street runs right down the middle of the resort "campus," and so the locals mix with the visitors and are just as welcoming as the owners. (Local kids on bicycles were playing with our kids on the kids playground. I thought they were Resort guests!)

This resort has a character that just makes it feel like family and makes you want to go back. Not to mention the best Halloween haunted "house" I have ever seen (also employing local kids and adults!)

If you're looking for a relaxed, all-inclusive weekend away with home-style cooked meals, the Blackthorne is worth considering. They also welcome bikers and have RV and camping space available.

And no, I did not get anything in return for this review!

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank AJMN7019LE
Reviewed January 9, 2017

I was very disappointed with this place. The room was very very dusty n had a smell in hallway n room. The bathroom was not very clean the baseboard in the bathroom was so rusty n smell was like moldy. For the price they charge they really need to update n get better cleaning people. Never will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank adigi17
Reviewed January 6, 2017

We went here last year with a bunch of family (approximately 60 people). What a great place to have a family reunion. We had a lot of fun, the food was fantastic and they had activities for the kids like rock climbing, pony rides, hiking, a play ground, pool, a bird show and magician. They also provided entertainment for the adults in the evening. A comedian one night and bands on the other nights.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family