“Exuburant Prices and Terrible Service”
Review of Cottage Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cottage Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Description: We are a family owned and operating American restaurant with new owners. Cuisine is a simple homemade comfort food with plenty of choices for all meal periods. The white,rye,wheat,english muffin bread is made in house and the desserts are as well by are baker.The updated menu is holding on to the classic items for breakfast, lunch and new dinner items to give fresh update. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner from 9AM until 9PM Wednesday-Monday(Closed Tuesday).
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Formally locally owned and operated for years. This restaurant was truly a local treasure. For many years this was a favorite place for my family that we visited at least three to four times a month.

This restaurant is presently under new management. The new owners have relocated to this area from one of the NYC Boroughs. The prices have tripled and the services is terrible. We witnessed the owner taking menus from another table to give to another set of customers who had been seated for over 10 minutes. In addition, the owner also apologized to another set of customers for a mistake in their order.

Who would want to sit outside and see State Route 295???? With that aside, upon our arrival that outside seating area had tables covered with dirty dishes and leftover food. As we departed we noticed those same tables were still not cleared. We were there for approximately 45 minutes.

Did I mention the meager portions and the fact that the waitresses were not familiar with the menu?????

Highly disappointed.

2  Thank JKB32013

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Today's visit was unpleasant to say the least. My husband ordered the cheeseburger which was good. I ordered the vege. Burger with grilled mushrooms and onions. Mine came and there were no onions on it. I asked the waitress and showed her. She came back and said the chef said they are there but just very small so maybe I don't see them. I told her he was full of it because there are no onions. She had to cut up the onions and grill them herself! I really did not not like the burger. Lots of peas and carrots, lacking flavor and texture was to creamy. The last time I came I ordered the steak sandwich rare and it came well done. I think they need to talk to the chef that was in the kitchen these 2 times I was there because it was the same guy and with this attitude they will not last!

4  Thank Toni S
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We travel from Harrison, NY to Vermont a couple of times each year and have passed this place many times.

Good food. Very pleasant staff.

I've decided that it future that this will be our half way house.

1  Thank OldSeagull
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch on Thursday, January 31, 2013. We had driven by the day before having been told that it had reopened in mid January. We both had the Reuben sandwich with red cabbage and Russian dressing on toasted rye bread. We both agreed that the 'sammies' were delicious with very tender corned beef. However, at $9.00 each we thought that french fries should have been included instead of just potato chips. As an added plus our waitress was very attentive and prompt.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were so happy to see the Cottage Restaurant open! We had breakfast two days in a row. The first morning my husband and I both had omelets with homemade toast and home fries which were all terrific. The second morning we had the French toast which is out of this world due to all the breads being homemade. The staff are friendly and service was really good.