“Fabulous”

Ranked #5 of 58 Restaurants in East Aurora
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Had a great dining experience at Rick's in East Aurora. Definitely on my top five list for great food in the Buffalo area. It was our first time there and the waitress said we were going to love it and we did! Exceptional food and service.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We found this restaurant tonight by accident; we were searching for a local Mexican place that we failed to find, so we decided to try Rick's on Main. I must say that may of the aspects of this restaurant are very good, mainly the food (entrees and appetizers), which were all very tasty and well-prepared. The low point at first was the service; after being approached by two different waitresses, both of whom said they would take care of us, we ended up with a very long wait before anyone took our order, and then another very long wait before the first appetizer appeared on the table. We were also never offered additional bread, but some places don't do that. Anyway, I do want to say that the service picked up after the soup arrived, and was quite satisfactory after that. (And our waitress was very friendly, too.)

OK, now the food. My clam chowder was very good...thick and creamy with lots of detectable clam cooked right in. But the real star of the show was the Oriental Chicken Salad. The salad itself was pretty decent, with the Mandarin orange slices and the fried noodle bits and sliced almonds. But the amazing part was the chicken. I don't know how they do it, (I'm a pretty good chef myself), but they have found a way to give you what appears to be a boneless half chicken, which is cooked to a marvelous juicy perfection and then sealed with a tangy BBQ-like sauce that is marvelous. However they do it, I loved it!

Please be aware if you go that there are a number of very pricey items on the menu, such as a salmon entrée that clocks in at $36.00, and items that surge past the $40.00 mark. Not that this is overpriced, but it is surprising to see in a small-market town like this. Everything that we ordered was well worth the price though, and there are nice entrees at all price levels.

Helpful hint: if you decide to make a reservation and you have a handicapped person with you, make sure that you don't get a table on the second floor. It is beautiful up there, but it is accessed by a steep flight of stairs, so be forewarned.

In summary, I enjoyed this place (including the atmosphere), and would enjoy going back.

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

The food here is great. The patio is nice for summer nights. The service is horrible. There were 6 people dining in my party. They brought out 3 rolls for the 6 of us to share.
We ordered banana pepper dip (2 orders) for the 6 of us to share. No bread w the dip! We asked the waitress for bread and then asked the bus boy for bread, we never got bread. We ate the dip w a spoon. For a restaurant where the majority of the entrees are over 50 dollars, I expect a bit better service.

1  Thank PharmIDGirl
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Server was very nice and efficient. Menu is pricey. Wouldn't mind the price if it were exceptional food. Sirloin was good. Way too much Gorgonzola which overpowered the beef. Chicken flatbread pizza was dry and flavorless. Brought most of it home and don't think I'll even eat it for leftovers. Nice decor, warm bar, sociable staff. I'd go again to have drinks, but not for a meal. Unimpressive. Parking is limited so the village parking down the road is necessary. I imagine it must be a very old building... not sure how handicapped friendly it is (there may be another entrance I didn't see). Outdoor stairs were rickety. I guess the "old" is part of the charm.

1  Thank RBE14059
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have to say it was a beautiful June day and sitting outside on the porch was a delight. The Greek salad was very good and super garlicky which I really enjoyed. The downfall...the service. It was like I didn't exist. Once seated it took 22 minutes before a server came to my table to offer me a water. I would have left if I had not been so tired from traveling. I watched as the servers, who all seemed to also act as hostesses milled about...needs better management. But again, the salad was delish!