“Food was outstanding!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Olean Road
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had dinner this past weekend with my entire family. 17 people in all. We were seated upstairs by ourselves which was perfect because the kids were able to have fun and not bother anyone. The waitresses were very accomodating and friendly as we kept them VERY busy. Everyone loved their dinners. The chicken pot pie, chicken fricasse, lamb chops and filet were enjoyed by many of us at the table. The family style dishes of mashed potatoes and mixed veggies were very tasty too. We sampled many of the desserts including peanut butter pie, tiramasu, creme bruele, and some lemon thing that everyone raved about. I would highly recommend this place for a nice, relaxing dinner. The restaurant itself is in an old house that is really cool if you get to check out the many floors they have.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My fiance' and I went to the Old Orchard Inn for dinner for the first time using a Groupon. We had the most delightful server named Julie and a fabulous meal. Our appetizer was a dish called "Buffalo Eggplant Wings" which were terrific. Our entrees were the Jamaican Jerk Pork Tenderloin and the Beef Tenderloin "sandwich". I have to interject that my fiance' is a VERY fussy eater. Along with the entrees we were served dishes of Smoked Gouda mashed potatoes and butternut squash to share. My fiance' not only tried everything, but ATE EVERYTHING. Not a morsel to be had for a doggy bag!! All of the staff was very attentive. We sat near the cozy bar and witnessed the bartender checking every glass that came out of the kitchen for spots. Meticulous attention to detail. We are definitely going to return for a spring or summer visit to see the grounds.

1  Thank Eimac C
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I recently had dinner here after a Christmas show. It was a Thursday and they had a special where you could bring your own wine with a free corkage fee. After parking in the lot, we walked up the hill to the warm, charming inn. They would transport you up the hill with the golf cart if needs be. We were warmly greeted by Joe, our server and were seated at the table next to the fireplace and overlooking the pond and gazebo, dressed up with white lights.
Joe opened our wine and we ordered the Buffalo wing eggplant appetizer, which was absolutely delicious. We didn't miss the chicken at all. For dinner, we ordered from the small plates. I had the baked pasta pomodora, which had a slightly watery, but fresh tasting sauce, topped with a cap of melted cheese. My husband had the filet mignon duo, which was two thin filets, done medium, as ordered, on a rustic bread with spinach, red pepper, and gorgonzola sauce. The sauce soaked into the bread and was so delicious. We split both plates in half and both enjoyed each dinner. We even had pasta left to take home.
The service by Joe was excellent and made the experience even better. We will definitely return to try the onion soup and the sea bass and definitely have the eggplant wings again. Bringing your own wine is also a great idea.

1  Thank Khootie
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is a great place the happy medium between fine dining and casual mom and pop. I recently ate here with my fiancee for a date night and it really is a charming little place. Had a table right near the fire place! The bread to start with was awesome usuallyba solid indicator of the rest of the meal. The give out homemade cinnamon sweet rolls with bread! I had the ev plant wings to start with huge portion. Home made bleu cheese really top notch. My fiancee had French onion really good to. Next entrees come with a nice greens salad. By the time my entree came I was stuffed. I had macadamia encrusted sea bass. I kid you not it is one of the best things I have ever got. My fiancee got steak. They came with beets, home made mash, and squash as included sides each was awesome. Great service. Went in exspecting a decent meal. We got a great one. I highly recommend old orchard.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

great food-sea bass is one of their best dishes along with chicken pot pie