“Side Trip For People Visiting Niagara Falls”
Review of Roycroft Inn

Roycroft Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Roycroft Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 58 Restaurants in East Aurora
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: village
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This restaurant offers high quality American style food in a charming historic space. It's about a 30 minutes drive from the Buffalo airport and a lovely way to spend a half day after a trip to the Falls. Remember to make reservations. The service is courteous and the prices very reasonable. I would also recommend this restaurant for a bridal shower.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed here recently and wrote a review of the inn, touching on the restaurant, I loved "dining on the big verandah, the wood burning fireplace in the DR, and the live quartet over sumptuous Sunday brunch. I find the meals in the USA are always very large portions and since you can't take a doggy bag on vacation, I'd split one of these big meals with your partner and have a starter salad and a dessert. The peach crème brule was yummy, and big!"

The menu was varied and interesting, and I had the steak topped with onion rings and it was delicious. I also has the petite Caesar salad which was just the right size. While this is a beautiful, delightful and quiet place, just a couple of quibbles. I would ask to be seated closer to the end of the verandah. The many staff hurrying by on the old wood floor felt a bit like elephants stomping by, and with the water station right behind my head, didn't feel quite as relaxed as I normally would. Granted there was a wedding, they were overly crowded, and we were glad to even get a reservation. Also, the warm loaf of bread was delicious but I found the butter a bit odd. I'm used to a thicker, more solid form of butter in smaller quantities. This was a huge tub of a really, really soft yellow spread that seemed like it was blended with something else. It tasted "okay" but wondering if Americans are generally more this to this type of butter? I expected the butter to be a bit more upscale for this type of restaurant.

All said, I'd return in an instant.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Roycroft has been around for over a century and was the home campus of many great, free thinkers, artists, artisans, and architects, the most prominent among them being Elbert Hubbard; a gent who tragically lost his life on the sinking Lusitania.

The campus is a stroll into the past, with most of the campus lovingly restored and maintained, including a restaurant and a lovely gift shop.

Although I have frequented the Roycroft since my teen years, it was as ever a pleasure to invite my favorite aunt and uncle to a Saturday brunch on the shaded terrace.

The fare was simple, fresh, and utterly delicious. But it was the setting and the company that made it memorable. If you want to commemorate a special event, or enjoy the company of special friends or family, you won't do much better than this historic and wonderful place.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at the guest house and not the main inn. The rooms here are smaller but very comfortable.
When we travel, I always say "I'm not planning on living in the room" so it's size was not a drawback.
Staff super friendly and the restaurant-lounge was very good too.
Super sized porches are always good too.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Eating dinner in the Roycroft Inn is a great experience because of the rooms and furnishings. The beautiful arts and crafts furniture and light fixtures really add to the atmosphere. The menu has lots of choice (not cheap) and offered hearty meat option in December.
Service is generally good, but sometimes too overbearing. I prefer pleasant attentive staff who can read the group and adjust their approach accordingly.
Recommended.