Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Vidler's 5 & 10

This is an old fashion five and dime with just about everything you need. While the store is... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
James G
East Aurora, New York
AFTER

so, AFTER we left the North Star Tavern, we went straight to Vidler's 5 & 10. man oh man, was it... read more

Reviewed April 13, 2019
chickqueene
Lackawanna

All reviews penny candy step back in time old fashioned candy greeting cards unique items cookie cutters buying something toy section gag gifts art supplies christmas items household items fun place to visit arts and crafts shopping experience t shirts buffalo area
Selected filters
Reviewed February 26, 2019

What a true delight it was for my husband and I to peruse through this seemingly time capsule. There were brands I hadn't seen in a very long time. This is the kind of store where there is literally something for everyone. It was a lot of fun shopping here as we were traveling in NY.

Highly recommend a stop in East Aurora to see this wonderful place! You will see candy, marbles, toys, decor, housewares, etc.

Date of experience: June 2018
Don V, Owner at Vidler's 5 & 10, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2019

Thanks for you wonderful review, if and when you stop in East Aurora again, please come by the store and ask for me...introduce yourself as one of our Trip Advisor reviewers. Thanks much! Don Vidler

Reviewed February 20, 2019

Wonderful products, many of which are nostalgic. Prices are fair. Old fashioned candy that will bring back fond memories. Great toy section. Something for everyone, especially those who need a unique gift for that unique person who many be hard to buy for.

Date of experience: December 2018
Don V, Owner at Vidler's 5 & 10, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2019

Thanks for your wonderful review! Next time you're in, please ask for me and introduce yourself as one of our Trip Advisor reviewers. Thank you again, Don Vidler

Reviewed January 3, 2019

Vidler's 5 & 10, in historic East Aurora, NY, is a 3rd generation family run business. Vidler's was founded in 1930 and they bill themselves as The Largest "5 & 10" Variety Store in the World. I have shopped at Vidler's a number of times over the years for unique and nostalgic gifts under $50, and when my wife isn't looking, I'll grab some candy out of several apothecary jars and stash it in my coat pocket (after paying the cashier of course). Vidler's consists of four connected two story buildings which contain toys, a sewing and crafts area, a cooking area, board games, T-shirts/sweatshirts, holiday knick-knacks and much more. I didn't know there were so many permutations of the Clue and Monopoly games e.g. Big Bang and Game of Thrones editions, etc., but Vidler's has them. While there is limited parking on the street in front of this store, there are more parking spots in the back of the building and a back entrance into the store. Vidler's is located in the main section of town with nearby restaurants and specialty shops. Vidler's is approximately 1/2 mile from the Fisher-Price HQ and toy store as well as the Roycroft Campus and Roycroft Inn. For more information about Vidler's as well as pictures inside their store, you can go to their website.

My family has fun spending an hour or more browsing the shelves/counters at Vidler's, and then we walk to other shops and/or a restaurant afterwards. If you bring your children into the store, I suspect you won't come out empty handed. If you keep in mind that this is a 5 & 10 store, you may be surprised by what this 5 & 10 has to offer you.

Date of experience: December 2018
Don V, Owner at Vidler's 5 & 10, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2019

Wow! Thanks for the great review -- if I didn't know better I'd think you're part of the family!

Appreciate this very positive feedback, and if / when you're next in the store, please ask for me and introduce yourself.

Thanks again,

Don Vidler

Reviewed December 29, 2018

This place is like Woolworth or Jupiters on steriods. I am not a shopper (just ask my wife) but going through Vidlers is a trip through memopry lane. Wood floors and everything you could want. A great place to visit and flash back if you are 55+.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed December 12, 2018

I always visit this store when traveling to Niagara Falls. I can spend hours browsing in here. I can't think of anything that they don't carry. This visit I purchased two retro toys - a dog slinky and an older board game that I used to play with when I was growing up. I also bought retro candy - big Sugar Daddy's and taffy. T-shirts, cookie cutters, Christmas ornaments, stamped cross stitch projects, souvenir spoons and something that I have been looking for, for a very long time - tab poppers (use to flip tabs on soda cans). Fun store, definitely worth stopping by!

Date of experience: November 2018