“What A Difference!!”

Dining options: Reservations
East Amherst
“What A Difference!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Yes, we did return and was very impressed with both the SERVICE and food. Lets start with the service: The team that took care of the table (waitress and supporting others) were very knowledgeable, helpful and professional. We watched how they treated others in the same room and there was no difference - They knew what to do and did it!!!

The food was so different from the first time I was there, that we knew there was a chang in attitude in the kitchen. The chef visited each table and asked for a review of the food. Our meal was very tastey and exceeded our expectations (the waitress' description was perfect). The appetizers were exceptional (clams - cold and presented properly; the cheese/meat tray was perfect).

The original description of this restaurant stated that this place may not be around in 90 days. Now I believe it is the premier Italian restaurant in the area and will probably be around for a long period of time. I did talk with the Jerry Clementi, General Manager, and complemented him on the complete turn around. The first review was within 30 days of the opening and it was his one night off a week.

Now my wife and I believe Jerry and his team have their act together. And we will return and bring others!! (If we can get reservations!)

5 Thank dixonbuffalo_gmail

Clarence, NY
“I'm on the Fence about it.”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I am willing to give this place another try because we had some hits and misses. The half price wine on Monday night was a nice discovery. We ordered the trio of crab cakes. Thought they would be prepared three different ways based on the menu, but just received three of the same. They were delicious. I ordered the pesto chicken and pasta dish. Because the waiter had raved that they make their own pasta, I was really excited. The pasta was overcooked and the dish had way too much pesto sauce on it. The flavor was good, however. My husband ordered the mixed seafood with marinara dish. He thought it was good, but not as good as some other places around town (like 31 Club). We then ordered the roasted strawberry gelato which was kind of icy like it had been around for too long or not stored properly. Good taste, but bad texture. Overall, I would give it an average rating and might try it again. No rush.

Amherst NY
“Mike Rizzo Does It Again!!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Old La Scala has undergone a change and I'm thrilled. Vito E Vino on Transit provided an excellent meal, wrapped in a casual comfortable atmosphere wrapped in some of the best service I have ever had.

Buffalo, New York
“Very good food and service, nice bar area”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I read some of the other reviews here, but we had no such problem.
We head great professional service and wonderful food in a very timely manner at a reasonable cost. The new bar area looks great and the chef' stable with fresh cold seafood and wood fired pizza oven looks awesome. We had our daughter with us and went straight to a table, but we ordered some fresh oysters on the half shell from the chefs table and they were fresh shucked and wonderful. We will definitely go back.

Englewood
“Very good Italian food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed the food, service was a little slow, but our meal was hot and fresh. Will definitely go back.

Visited May 2014