“My in-laws loved it ~ #1 daughter in-law 04/30/14”
Review of Schnitzel & Co.

Schnitzel & Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Schnitzel & Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in East Amherst
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I took my in-laws to Schnitzel & Co. last night. I highly recommend. We had a 5:30 reservation, and were seated immediately. So glad we came early because most tables were filled by the time we left. Our Server (Kelly) was awesome! I really appreciated how she took the time to answer multiple questions from my in-laws (first-timers at Schnitzel). Service was fast and the manager (Pete) stopped by our table several times to check on us and even chat with us for a bit.

We love the potato pancakes but we discovered a few new favorites - Jaeger Schnitzel (pounded/breaded pork topped with a mushroom gravy) and Caramelized Brussel Sprouts. The "Pretzel Bread" is to die for!!! And to top it off, every Wednesday they have 1/2 off on bottles of wine. I usually get a glass or two with dinner, but at this price....I got the whole bottle!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Wonderful German Ingredients, atmosphere, service, beers...but they ruined it by deep frying a lot of their food. I was so disappointed to find out that all their schnitzels are deep fried. It seems like their dumplings & potatoes were also deep fried! These things authentically should be pan fried. On top of the fact of deep fried foods being so bad for you, my schnitzel tasted like fish.
German gone American or shall I say German gone greasy!
It would be nice for this restaurant to consider the health of their patrons.

3  Thank debster401
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We went for an early dinner on a Friday. We have been meaning to try this new restaurant for some time. The restaurant had been there for years previously but the format changed a few months ago to Swiss & German cuisine. Getting a table was not a problem before 5 pm without a reservation. My wife had the broiled fish which came with two sides of her choice. She chose the potato pancakes and potato salad. I had the two sausage platter, knockwurst and bratwurst, with potato pancakes and spaetzle, which were of a very large size and shape. I am used to the smaller version. As one reviewer stated previously, the food was warm but not hot. There was nothing special about the sausages, tasty but more on the unseasoned side. We also ordered sauerkraut on the side, which seemed dry and bland. The potato pancakes were quite good as were the spaetzle. Again, good but nothing special. We were served a marbleized rye bread before dinner, which could have been fresher. It came with three types of mustard and butter. Service was excellent and attentive without being intrusive. We did not have dessert and the meal was quite filling and substantial in quantity.

1  Thank Ralph C
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Note: Make reservations before you go. Met another couple there. Parking is limited in their parking lot, but available on side street. Restaurant area is small and can be a little noisy with the closeness of the tables. Can eat in the bar area, but tables can be small. However, the service was good by our server, Kelley. Was able to alter the menu, exchanging dumplings for potato pancakes. Bread served before meal was fresh baked and delightful. We had the saurerbrauten, which was very tasty. The other couple had different schnitzels which were delicious, also. Good variety of beers and wine. On Wednesday, they have 1/2 off on bottles of wine. We all voted we would go back again, even with the minimum parking. Enjoyable evening dining.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have been there three (3) times from Jan-Feb. 2014. All three times, food was cold and service slow. Very disappointed in wine selection.