“New Rib Place In Amherst/Clarence”
Review of The Woodshed

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Woodshed
Ranked #33 of 42 Restaurants in East Amherst
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I walked into The Woodshed for the first time tonight. We were plesently suprised with the quality and quantity of the food. She had the ribs and felt they were one of the best tasting ribs that she has had lately. I tried the pulled pork dinner. I will order this again. The pulled pork was very moist, properly cooked and very taste. The sauses provided only added to the taste. I enjoyed a couple of them, but the house sause, very taste and enjoyable, was a little to thin for my taste. My wife thought it was "just right".

We will return soon to try the other foods (chicken, etc.) because if the ribs are that good and the pulled pork is that great; then the other foods should be equal in taste, quality and size!

The Woodshed is relatively new for this location (8 weeks) and is currently under appreciated. Which I liked since I did not have to wait to be seated. But this will change very soon. They have a full service bar and an interesting selection of beer. Parking is no problem and the attitude of the servers is extremely poisitive.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I've had both the puleld pork and smoked cuban sandwich and was not dissapointed. Both were loaded with meat and I was full when finished. Hand cut fries are excellent

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This place is average at best. Its average barbecue food nothing blowing your socks off or saying oh I gotta go back there. There are a ton of barbecue places all around the area that would be worth the drive. You would be better off taking a drive to Lockport to One Eyed Jacks are heading over Depew to Kentucky Greg's they rock the true barbecue. This place is average in a pinch.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Last Saturday I went to The Woodshed, on Transit Road, across from Pier 1. I had a smoked pulled pork pannine. It was really good, juice and flavorful. The price was also great: 8.99. It was so big that I couldn't eat the hole thing. I choose the corn bread as a side and I was pleased with it too.
Two thumbs up!