“Good Burgers”

Grover's Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in East Amherst
Cuisines: Brew Pub, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
NJ
“Good Burgers”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was in town for business and came here since it was featured in Guy's Triple Ds. Pretty cozy bar and grill joint. Since it is not very big, it get crowded quick. The Grover burger was very good. Share with someone unless you have a big appetite.

1 Thank German F

“Hope for nice weather”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We were in town for work and made a vacation out if it. My husband's co-worker suggested we try this place. The burgers are delicious and huge. I thought the Cheeseburger soup was just a couple clicks away from Velveeta, pass on that. The service was super friendly. My only complaint was that it was raining and there is no place to wait for a table inside. We stood very awkwardly in the middle of the dining room for 20 minutes. So if it's raining, eat somewhere that has a lobby.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank MrsAnniePayne
Litchfield, Connecticut
“Lives up to the Good Press!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The burgers were delicious and the onion rings perfect. Loved the history of the building with my understanding this was Grover Cleveland's hunting lodge. This place has been mentioned on the Food Network so I didn't know if it could be as good as they claimed. It is! Loved putting our name on the chalk board and while waiting for our table in the small bar and grill we never felt we were 'in the way' which of course I think we were. The waitresses were fantastic and all very friendly. I understand the have been working here for many years and noticed our hosts who had eaten there before, were treated like old friends. Exactly what I like for casual dining.

Buffalo, New York
“Not the best burger in town...bad service...not a good atmosphere”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We just moved out to the Lockport area a few years ago and everyone kept telling us how Grover's had the best burgers in town. So, after seeing a movie down the street we decided to stop by Grover's for a late dinner. Our night at Grover's didn't start off well. No one was in the restaurant and we waited for almost 15 minutes to be seated. Then the waitress sat us near the bar which was a mistake. The atmosphere was horrible. The place smelled like stale beer, the floor was sticky, and the 5 people seated at the bar were loud and extremely inebriated. After being seated it took the waitress almost 20 minutes just to take our drink order and then another 10 minutes to bring us our drinks. (Please remember that the restaurant was almost empty) Then after another 10 - 15 minutes the waitress came back to get our order. All we wanted was 2 burgers with fries and onion rings. When my finance was asked what she wanted on her burger all she wanted was ketchup, mustard and extra pickles. The waitress then informed us that they were out of pickles. She told us that she had worked there for over 20 years and it was the first time that they had ever run out of pickles. I asked for my burger to be done medium well. My burger came so rare that I heard my burger moo when I cut into it. The amount of blood on the plate was disgusting. The fries and onion rings both tasted like fish so I'm guessing that they used the same oil to fry their fries and onion rings that they use to fry their fish. When the waitress finally came back over to check on us, another 15 minute wait, I explained my disappointment with my burger and she didn't seem to care and stated that that's the way Grover's made a medium well burger. The cost is not worth it. Overpriced burgers and overpriced drinks. We asked for the check and the waitress couldn't believe that we were leaving, not sure why. We then watched the waitress wonder around for almost 20 minutes and each time she came past our table I asked for the check and she just smiled and kept on walking. We finally decided to just get up and leave since it didn't seem that we were ever going to get our check. We noticed that the other 3 couples in the restaurant seemed to be having the same issue as us. So, we got up and started putting on our jackets and began heading towards the door and the waitress came up to us and actually asked; "are you ready for your check." We couldn't believe it. We then stood there for another 10 minutes for her to get us our check. My final word...Don't ever listen to anyone that tells you how great Grover's is because it isn't. Zak Z

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Zak Z
Rochester, New York
“Great Burger”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My wife, daughter and I went to Grover's primarily because we had seen it on DDD.It basically is a small bar with some booths and tables. It's there that the common bar appearance stops. We had the "Cheeseburger Soup" which was outstanding. Hard to believe something with lettuce and tomatoes in it would be soooo good. I could have easily ate a second bowl. The hamburgers were huge. Each one was 12oz. and very tasty. Done to perfection. Service was great . We will definitely stop again next time we are near Buffalo.