“Cajun Cookin'”

Chester's Cajun Grill
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in East Amherst
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Chester's is a small restaurant with a little bar area. Most of the food was New Orleans Cajun style. They had jambalaya, crawfish and several other menu items. I had Louisianna style ribs with coleslaw and collard greens. Everything was delicious! My husband had beef on skewars with cajun style rice. He loved it and said the meat was really tender. The decor was a bit cheesy with cheap Mardi Gras masks and beads , but I didn't go for the decor. The waiter was attentive and
very helpful. They have specials every night and our two meals were very reasonable.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Chesters is a great restaurant if you like cajun food. They have a great jambalaya and blackened catfish. Their quesadillas are also wonderful. Their coleslaw is really tasty. A wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We went with another couple on Saturday night. The hostess was outstanding and even without a reservation we waited a mere 15 minutes. The lady bartender was great and made our brief stay at the bar very enjoyable. The disappointment arises in the food. It was lukewarm at best. Their also seemed to be a more than normal emphasis on salt and "heat". I know it's Cajun, but the deep fried green tomato appetizer was a bit over the top. My wife's grilled chicken dinner should have at least been hotter. I had the Carolina Po'Boy pulled pork, with hush puppies as a side. The hush puppies were dry but warmer than my sandwich. That seemed to be the consensus of everyone else. I have also had better from Chester's in the past. Something was missing. Sorry, guys. Maybe an off night for the kitchen. Still a great menu selection of Cajun food and adult drinks.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Came in for dinner on April 10th and encountered the most rude condescending waitress ever! Addressing customers as sweetie and making smart remarks plus rushing people so she can leave indicates a poorly trained waitress. I have been dining here for over 5 years and I would never sit in her section again or stay if that young woman was working again! Food: excellent. Service: this time terrible!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The food is very good but perhaps a little salty sometimes…but that is what Cajun food is. I have never had a bad meal.