“Great food at affordable prices!”

Falletta's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 39 Restaurants in East Amherst
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were attending a swim meet at Suny Buffalo so had 20 hungry mouths to feed every night after finals. One of the owners, Mike worked with us on a well balanced affordable meal. He was also flexible with the time of delivery which changed each night as we received the meet finals timeline. They delivered it to our hotel every night for three nights. We had the chicken parmigiana, chicken cutlets, lasagna, baked pasta, mini meatballs, salad and mixed vegetables. The food was delivered hot and delicious. Our only regret was that we were unable to go to the actual restaurant. We will definitely use them again if we return to Buffalo.

2  Thank SwimMom98

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We went out to Falletta's after a group (six) of us spent the day touring around Buffalo. The three men played a round of golf, while the three women went in search of the perfect boutiques and stores. (They ended up finding a "world-class cupcake shoppe," whatever that is!) Anyway, Falletta's was an OUTSTANDING restaurant in every way, although I had never heard of it.

Falletta's is set in a building that looks, from the street, not unlike a house. But the comparison ends as soon as you walk in the door. They have a really cozy, comfy lounge up front where you can relax until your table is ready (or until the rest of your party arrives from the cupcake shoppe, whatever that is). There are several dining rooms, decorated in different themes and decors. We were seated up front, in a dining room of our own. It was very attractive, although I understand there were even more formal rooms out back. Oh, and before I forget, they also have outdoor dining on an elevated deck in the back of the building, where I thought I detected the scent of a wood fire as well.

We skipped the appetizers, as they served us both a plate of hot, tasty rolls along with a small dinner salad. The salad was adequate, although rather unimaginative. (I have high standards on salad.) But they did something very nice; they placed carafes (spelling?) of homemade salad dressing on the table for you to pour as desired. They had Italian, poppeyseed, and Balsamic vinaigrette, all of which got great reviews from our group.

For the main course, we had a seafood medley, served over pasta with a choice of scampi or marinara sauce, which was OUTSTANDING. Our waiter, Michael, was the best! Prompt, coureous, attentive, friendly...we couldn't have asked for better service. (I felt badly because I had to keep asking him for more water and coke, due to my dehydration from the golf course. He was always ready with refills served with a smile.) The pasta was great, the sauce was great, and the seafood was great. BTW, I can't eat mussels, due to an allergy. They gladly substituted other seafood in their place, which was very nice of them.

Overall, we had a WONDERFUL meal, served by wonderful people, thus my rating of a '5' for this place. I have only two negative points to report for this restaurant. The first is that the special (the seafood medley) was a lot more expensive than all the other entrees, ($31.00), although they never mentioned the price while describing the specials. We could have asked, and it was worth the price. But I think they should say the price if it's going to be that much more than the other entrees. The other "negative" about this place is something that they can't help. If you have a very elderly or handicapped person in your group, they will have a hard time making it down to the bathroom, because the stairs going down to the basement level are very steep, although they do have handrails to hold on to.

Anyway, I'd like to summarize this review by saying that Falletta's is a marvelous place, and I will intentionally try to find reasons to be in East Amherst so that I can go back there again.

5  Thank Larry W
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We had a great meal and the staff was very attentive. This family run restaurant has been around for years. The menu has great seafood dishes and traditional Italian favorites with very large portion entrees that can be shared or taken home for leftovers lunch. I thought the prices were very reasonable for the quality and quantity. The home made salad dressings are awesome (although the salad itself is very basic). Great dinner rolls and some unusual appetizers. The service was terrific. The decor is classy casual inside an old home converted into a multiroom dining area. There are also outside patio tables for a more casual area. Plenty of parking. The entrance has several stairs to get up which may be a problem for anyone with physical disabilities. If you want a nice classy dining experience with plenty of good food at reasonable prices then this is a great choice.

2  Thank TravellinDocs
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Had dinner here with a group of friends. Started with stuffed mushrooms and a stuffed hot pepper special. Both of these were very good. The waitress recommended the shimp scampi, so 3 of us ordered it and we were not impressed. It was very bland and dry. Quite disappointing. The salad was decent, and I liked how they brought out 3 large bottles of dressing so you could pick your own. The waitress was very nice. I had not been there in several years, and unfortunately would not rush back.

1  Thank kkm68
Reviewed April 11, 2012

The Best people, the Best food, and the Best atmosphere! Almost as if you were in Italy again! Stuffed hot peppers are outstanding and unique! Dont believe any of these sourpusses that wrote negative reviews... clearly a bunch of crotchety demanding people! Best restaurant in western new york and perhaps the northern hemisphere!

1  Thank Warren K