I almost gave this hotel a four, but decided on three based on a number of things...I would try this hotel again, but would be clear to anyone I was mentioning it to about the disappointing aspects...
First the good:
1. We asked for a lake view and got one. Full Lake view, though window was a bit dirty, but not enough to keep us from enjoying the view
2. Our room had two queen beds and was perfectly clean (except the window was more cloudy than I would have expected). Bathroom was fine.
3. Beds were very comfortable
4. I thought the lobby was nicely done.
5. Receptionist at check in was very nice.
6. My husband and teenage son found the Jacuzzi nice
7. Our breakfast at the 'Wind Jammer' was very good. This costs extra.
8. Close walk to Lake Erie, Tim Horton's (for a great 24 hour snack), and a fairly good restaurant 'Demetris'
What I was disappointed in:
1. Wish the windows were clean to go with the awesome view! We could see through them, but they were quite dirty.
2. Our air conditioner did not work...called the front desk, they sent someone up who could not fix it. Luckily the evening was cool enough so we slept with the window open. Would have been fine, but there were noises coming from the docks that woke us up from time to time.
3. At check out, I mentioned to the receptionist they might want to fix the air conditioning (I asked for no compensation). The receptionist was a little short with me asking if I had let it run for at least 20 minutes until it cycled on. I told him no, I had not, because no one told me about this quirk, not even the woman who had come to our room to check it out. He just shrugged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clarion Hotel & Conference Center in Dunkirk offers wonderful views overlooking Lake Erie. Located approximately 24 miles from the Jamestown airport, and 45 miles from the Buffalo airport, 3 miles from the State University of New York at Fredonia, 12 miles from Lily Dale, Chautauqua County has 24 unique wineries that are driving distance from our hotel. The hotel & conference center is conveniently located for your getaway, special event or business meeting.The harbor front boardwalk and the center of Dunkirk is a short walk away and offers dining, recreation and entertainment year-round. Hotel guests are afforded an abundance of amenities, like free hot breakfast bar, free high-speed Internet access, free local calls and free coffee. We have an outdoor heated pool open May through September, as well as an exercise room with Cardiovascular options. We have the Windjammers Restaurant/Lounge onsite open for dinner, In the summer we have our Dockside Cafe open for lunch and dinner with entertainment on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Hotel Dunkirk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Dunkirk
- Dunkirk Clarion