“bed had blood and feces chunks on it”

Clarion Hotel Dunkirk
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dunkirk
Dayton, Ohio
“bed had blood and feces chunks on it”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

my 11 yr old asked what it was and I was floored. It wasn't a stain it was chunks...floors was stained. The gracious owner gave me 10% off so I will only tell you 90% of the bad things...you can do much better than this hotel...unless your broke down drive to the next exit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank joel h
Amanda A, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Dunkirk, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Joel h,
I certainly agree that the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel does not represent the level of service we strive to provide. We are very sorry that you were dissatisfied with our housekeeping efforts and appreciate your feedback. I have discussed the issue with the head of housekeeping and will be taking action immediately to make sure it does not happen again. We hope you will consider this an isolated incident and that you will continue to stay at Choice Hotels for quality accommodations and services in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Glenshaw, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It's really the only hotel in the city of Dunkirk. It's location is good. On Lake Erie. Rooms have been upgraded somewhat. Beds were very good. Includes breakfast which was good. Something for most. Walking distant to a small,little boardwalk and restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Amanda A, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Dunkirk, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel, we are the only hotel set on Lake Erie in the area, and we have been doing some upgrading of the rooms slowly and have more plans for the future as well. Summer time is the best time to visit the area because there is so much to do, like taking walks by the lake, or going down to the pier, we have a local lighthouse guests like to check out, or swimming in our inside or outside pool. Also we have an outdoor bar/restaurant open from Memorial Day till Labor Day with entertainment on the weekends.
Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to accommodating your lodging needs in the future.
Steeler Country
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We attended the 2 day wine festival at the fairgrounds. We stayed here at the Clarion last year and it was run down then. The beds and the bathroom appeared to be clean. This was the only NICE thing I can say about the room. The carpet is in shambles, holes, runs, tears, bumps, missing padding.... The walls were spotted with mold and I at a loss to explain other spots... The bar area was so icky with cob webs all along the windows, the tables were sticky with spilled drinks and the floor was covered with food particles. I really wished there was another "choice" in this area. Choice hotels needs to step in here and do something concerning this property. It is simply NOT worth the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank QueenLatonka
I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. You may be interested to learn that we will be updating the rooms including new carpets in all the rooms, and fixing any nicks that might be wrong with the rooms by doing constant room checks within our housekeeping and maintenance departments to make sure that we can strive for perfection in our hotel rooms and the comfort of our guests is a top priority. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. It provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve the services we offer our guests. I am confident that your next stay at our hotel will be a pleasant one.
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed August 10, 2013

While my husband and I are still relatively young and adventurous, once we enter our hotel room, we like to have peace and quiet. That didn't happen during our stay here. The metal band playing at the hotel lounge was extremely loud and was heard CLEARLY even once we were shut up in our room, and it didn't stop until 12:30am on Saturday night--I think it stopped at midnight on Friday. The walls were also extremely thin in other ways as well. Our stay here has actually affected my view of the Clarion brand, especially when this hotel was MORE EXPENSIVE than the gorgeous hotel we stayed in a day later in Niagara Falls!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Uvahoopsgrl
Morrison, Illinois
Reviewed August 2, 2013

If this is the best this area has to offer, I'd steer clear of the entire area.

Rusty, dirty bathroom. Odd stuffy smell. Needs updating. Must take stairs from parking lot to get to the elevator. And the outdoor concerts that go untill all hours of the morning.

Contacted staff and night manager. Was told no other rooms available. Also told it would end soon 3X. I was stuck paying the $190 per night. And told by night manager that I should go down and enjoy the concert. That he would watch my 6 year old for me so I could go out. CREEPY!!! And bonus.... There is another event tomorrow.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank springank
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My daughter Arlette, had her dream wedding reception at the Clarion and everything was amazing!Grant it that it was in August of last year, but all in all, everything was great....I myself plan on inquiring their services for the fall of 2014, as I plan on marrying the father of my children again, for the second time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Havana, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here for the 4th time over last 15 years (or so). Used to be a Sheraton. Nice location right next to the lake. Room was clean, but furniture is starting to look a little shabby. Staff at front desk were friendly, but bartender was less than welcoming. Breakfast was pretty sad. Eggs looked like hockey pucks. Pool was cloudy so I steered clear of it (I'm in pool business in FL so I expect a sparkilng clean pool at hotels). Beds were comfy but HD TV was anything but HD. The picture was really bad. Bathroom sink drained very slowly. Much nicer than budget hotels, but a little pricey for the quality of the accomodations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunkirk
Best Western Dunkirk & Fredonia Inn
#3 of 3 in Fredonia
Theater Motel
Theater Motel
#1 of 2 in Westfield

Been to Clarion Hotel Dunkirk? Share your experiences!