“Nice Place to Stay”

Best Western Dunkirk & Fredonia Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dunkirk
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very satisfied with this hotel. Clean rooms, nice lobby and eating area. Make a point of staying at this hotel. Staff always very friendly, accommodating and informative. Great location, too. Appleby's right next door.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Dustin R, Manager at Best Western Dunkirk & Fredonia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you for the great review! It is nice to see that all of our staff's efforts are not going unnoticed. This review will surely make their day. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Dunkirk & Fredonia Inn

Reviewed July 5, 2014

As I sit here in this room I decided to write a review. I am from California, and our typical stay is at an Embassy Suites, Marriott, or Holiday Inn style hotel. We are not "hotel snobs" but my #1 priority in a hotel is the cleanliness, which this hotel seriously lacked.
In a city like San Francisco, or Laguna Beach, where I have stayed, I could pay $170 for a 4-star hotel. I am paying $170 for this disgusting hotel, that is out in the middle of no-where. I decided to stay here as a half-way destination after flying into Buffalo, NY on my way to Ohio. I wish I would have saved the $170 and driven all the way to Ohio.
Despite the hotel furnishings and décor appearing modern in photos, they are gross... The selling point for me (breakfast and pool) come to find out is cereal/yogurt/fruit, and the pool is deceiving in the photos. Very small and 5 people would be considered crowded. Room smells horrible. Can't open window for fresh air. Lamp shades stained, towels stained. Lady at check in "Rachel" was basically a friendly robot. No elevator in hotel, and had to pack all luggage to second floor (no big deal for us) but noteworthy for anyone with a disability. Beds were springy.
Save your money and keep driving, or consider a "lesser name" like a comfort inn/red roof/ clarion/motel 6 because this is basically no different. Wi-Fi service is free, but very slow.
2-star if that.
Really disappointed. A waste of money. For $70 a night this would have been acceptable. For $170 I am beyond disappointed.

Room Tip: If disabled, no elevator. Request 1st floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank TMGraves

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know how you felt about your stay. Interesting choice to write your review about how bad everything is at the hotel, yet stay for two nights. If you were that upset, and had let us known, we would have honorably let you leave after the first night here. This is the first time I am hearing about any issues from your guest room.
Our rooms are based on supply and demand. Just as those in San Francisco and Laguna Beach. Please do your diligence and shop around for what you would consider the best price for value.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

an average place to stay for a night. be sure to get the rate in writing at check in. the rooms are tidy and the pool looked nice. there are restaurants in walking distance and a shopping mall across the road convenient access to the highway.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to our area. Did you have a problem with the rate when you checked out of the hotel? We print the rate for your room, and have you sign, when you check in. This allows the guest a chance to review the rates given vs. the rate in the computer. The issue with rate discrepancy is almost nil, but it could happen on occasion. Please let me know if you were charged anything other than what you signed for on your registration card and I will be more than happy to adjust your bill.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Our room in this "totally non-smoking" hotel smelled horribly of smoke. When I called the front desk to let them know - all she said was "okay." Tough luck for me, I guess. To make matters worse, the A/C didn't really work properly - kept shutting off (hot and smelling of cigarettes - ick!) - and the internet, although free, didn't have a strong enough signal to make it useful. For $159+, this should be a significantly better experience.

Room Tip: Make sure it doesn't smell of smoke!!
2  Thank SignoraTraveler
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We always try to stay at this hotel when visiting my son at SUNY Fredonia. Get annoyed that they raise price significantly during "peak" times like start and end of school year, holidays, etc. Other than that great hotel--clean, friendly, convenient and comfortable.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Way overpriced for the area not to mention blankets and comforter not clean. DAUGHTER HAD SEVERE REACTION! Best Westerns are just too inconsistent! Hampton Inn is far superior! Never again. Internet stinks. This is not a "Best Western Plus" its a MINUS! Not even an elevator!

Room Tip: Stay Away!
3  Thank DavetheRave6
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I was very let down. I stayed here for four weeks in march.

1. The internet was practically unusable. It was so bad I was unable to Skype with my family.

2. There is no elevator. Lugging my bags up the steps every week was lovely. /sarcasm.

3. Staff was mostly nice. Screwed up my tax exempt form once.

4. No gym.

5. Breakfast was adequate. Very boring tho. Nothing new echo day.

Overall, I was let down. Its the best option in the area though.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank X9555EDmarkh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunkirk
Comfort Inn
Holiday Motel Westfield
#2 of 2 in Westfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown

Been to Best Western Dunkirk & Fredonia Inn? Share your experiences!