“Great place to stay overnight”

Best Western Dunkirk & Fredonia Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dunkirk
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Convenient to restaurants, shopping and grocery stores, the Best Western at Exit 59 provided us with clean comfort, safety and a good night's sleep. Morning coffee was actually pretty good! I recommend it for my friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ann M
Dustin R, Manager at Best Western Dunkirk & Fredonia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

We truly appreciate you staying with us during your visit to our area. We are dedicated to providing superior customer service and are please to see you found it with us.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Upon checking in I was not informed the Jacuzzi was not working. It was later on in the evening when I tried to use it that I found out it had been down for three weeks. When I enquired with the front desk I was tolkd it was not their fault, they were waiting for a part. Well who's fault is it then? The clerk was a bit rude about it. The TV in the room was very small. The desk lamp had one bad bulb and the lamp shade was ripped. The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were very small and uncomfortable. the hotel charges $10 more per night compared to a comparable hotel across the street. There was also no gym, no treadmill.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate all feedback at our hotel. We are working diligently on repairs to our spa. It is a great undertaking, and are hoping to have it functional within the next few days. You are more than welcome to stay with us again and we will be more than happy to upgrade you to a personal Jacuzzi room at no additional charge.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Choices of hotels in Fredonia are limited. The Best Western has been my favorite and I have stayed there quite a few times. This time my experience was not as good as in the past. The issues were minor but enough to make me rethink my next stay. The hotel was clean which is a huge plus and always nice. However, the lamp shades were peeling in the room, the blow dryer did not work, the key to the room did not work, the internet did not work, the phone did not work. I picked up the phone to call the front desk to tell them about the blow dryer not working and neither phone in the room was working. I called the front desk from my cell phone and they did bring a new one down right away. The people in the room next to us had the TV on all night and we could hear it in our room. I might try the Comfort Inn across the way next time. I did go check out the rooms and they seemed comparable.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you don't want to lug your stuff up the stairs ask for a first floor room.
Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nuscher143

Thank you for choosing us again for your lodging needs during your visit to our area. Repeat customers is a huge driving force, that keeps us going year-round. We value your feedback tremendously. We will take the information you provided and fix these issues. Please come see us again on your next visit, with a promise of superior customer satisfaction.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

i stayed recently while going through on business. i was told that 109 was the best price for a Senior and AAA. i doubt that. i've stayed at holiday inn express WITH another person for less.
the room was mediocre, bed was a bit hard. the clerk did not inform me that the controls for the heater/air were on the wall. . .so when i woke up at 2a to adjust the air by the window i thought it was broken. thin walls; i could hear the people next door very easily. the tv froze up periodically.
when i told this to the desk clerk the next day, his answer was that the evening shift girl has a habit of not telling people about the wall unit. needless to say, i will look elsewhere the next time i want a hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank zimmcat

Thank you for your response. All hotels and areas have different pricing models they work with. We always set our prices to fit within our competitive set. I double checked the rate you were quoted and it was the 3A rate for that evening. All of our HVAC units are controlled by the thermostat on the wall, which is conveniently located next to your bed.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Quality of Wi-Fi was sad. Had a hard time signing on to motel website. Got assistance from front office but even after signing on it kept going down or was extremely slow. The beds were not comfortable and the room was a bit pricey.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom B

Thank you for allowing me to respond to your feedback. We also appreciate you staying with us during your visit to our area. We are currently in the works of overhauling our entire wifi system, in hopes of providing our guests with an extremely superior service. Please check back with us on your next trip, I am sure you will find a much improved experience.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Bonus being located behind an Applebees.....no problems for a one night stay. Comfortable lodging and an okay breakfast. The only downfall was the bed was a bit hard. I say okay breakfast because the sausage and eggs were a frozen/heated item. Would have preferred to go out for a normal fresh cooked meal. But the hotel itself was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your feedback! This is what we strive to accomplish everyday. Happy satisfied customers. We are glad you found our hotel serviceable for your needs. Please stop back anytime.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Room was clean, and staff was helpful. We were for a college tour of SUNY Fredonia. Proxmity to the school was good and there were enough restaurant choices close by. Internent access was a bit slow. I did not like that pool and hot tub was right in front lobby, and by eating area. You can feel on display for all to see. If my dtr attends Fredonia college I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the feedback. One of our biggest selling points is our close proximity to SUNY Fredonia. With us being so close to the University, and just a few hundred yards off the NYS I-90, we are right where you need to be. Thank you again for your delightful feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunkirk
Comfort Inn
Holiday Motel Westfield
#2 of 2 in Westfield
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown

Been to Best Western Dunkirk & Fredonia Inn? Share your experiences!