“Great Location”

Best Western Dunkirk & Fredonia Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dunkirk
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My college bound daughter and I recently spent the night here prior to her visiting SUNY Fredonia. Check in was fast and friendly. The room was very clean. We walked across the parking lot to Applebee's for dinner and my daughter enjoyed a dip in the pool when we returned. The breakfast was fine. The best part is that it is located approximately 5 minutes from the campus. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and had some initial concerns about the people above us, and the amount o...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Quiet, out of the way place with clean nice, rooms. We liked the fact that there's enough around the area, but not too much. Applebee's restaurant is next store. A definitely good place to stay. Ask for Triple A rate to get 10 bucks off, too, if you have membership.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nan12331310
Reviewed February 17, 2013

It was our first time staying. The girl at the front desk was very rude and not nice. The breakfast was terrible. The rooms smelled bad. Not much privacy. Get waken up buy trucks and cleaning ladies at late times of the night. The lady at the front desk was very rude and just not a nice lady. I personally didn't think it was worth the money.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Logan_hotel
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Many folks most likely seek lodging while visiting college students. We were steelhead fishing in December. We experienced a warm, friendly above-average property at the Dunkirk-Fredonia Best Western. Staff was friendly and helpful with directions and restaurant suggestions. The property was clean and well-kept and the rooms were conducive to a good night's rest.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from traffic, but an early morning trash pick-up interrupted my sleep. Ment...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Always stay here on trip to and from trips home to family. Frendly and accomodating desk personnel, rooms clean, and pet friendlly and convenient to highway. Only thing missing in room taht would be nice is a microwave.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We frequently travel (once a month) on I-90 from Cleveland OH to Albany NY. I have stayed here previously and had better experience. This time the experience was very poor.
I arrived at the Inn around 10:30PM and the check-in experience was really pleasant. After going into the room (108), I found the room to be clean and as expected. I tried to turn on the TV, but it did not work. I noticed all the appliances were turned off. It didn't bother me because I was tired and just went to bed.

Middle of the night truck noised woke me up. I felt that trucks were moving fast next to the room/window. Apparently some of the rooms are very close to the I-90 highway. The noise kept me awake for the rest of the night.

In the morning, I went to the breakfast area and tried to make waffles. The batter dispenser was not working properly. It dispensed some thick paste (1/4th cup) and filled the reminder of the cup with water. I poured it into the waffle maker and it was a mess. I tried to make the waffles 3 more times without any success. Most of the other food items that I can eat were either out or not filled in. Hotel staff was not monitoring the breakfast area while I was there for 15-20 minutes.

I have given two stars because the staff were friendly and the room was clean.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunkirk
Comfort Inn
The Spencer Hotel and Spa
#4 of 6 in Chautauqua
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown

Been to Best Western Dunkirk & Fredonia Inn? Share your experiences!