“Outstanding view and decent food too”
Review of Demetri's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ranked #24 of 40 Restaurants in Dunkirk
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Ample outside and inside seating. Wait staff move very slow but are pleasant and polite. Seating is your choice in which I think accounts for the slow welcome. Daily specials and greek entrees on regular menu. Our choices were from specials menu and quite good, hot, fresh, and ample portions. Soup augulemo (greek chicken, lemon, and rice) was piping hot and fresh but lacking the lemon flavor this soup is known for. Quick fix was squeezing fresh lemon and then perfect. Hot pork sandwich, gravy on side was lean and a tad chewy but good nontheless, companions rueben well lets just say he licked the plate! Too full for dessert but they looked yummy. Give it a try and save room for dessert. Try to sit outside as the view over the lake very nice but bees and flies can be problem at times.

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

On our annual family vacation to Northern Ontario, our boat trailerbroke down and we took a detour to Dunkirk. The mMarian had to order parts and we ended up spending the night in Dunkirk. We walked around the docks and ended up going Demetri's for dinner.

They kept the restaurant open for us and the food waste absolutely delicious. The kids had never even tried Greek food before and they loved it as well!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

On our way through town while traveling, we stopped here for lunch and know we would go back should we be near-by again. Greek foods are featured, and my open-face chicken souvlaki on pita was excellent (husband thoroughly enjoyed his club sandwich). It seemed as if our order took a long time to arrive, especially as there were not many other diners, but once we began to eat, we appreciated what probably went into its preparation. Chicken was delicious and cooked when ordered (I can always tell when something has been re-heated), tomato/spinach and onion sauté atop tasted just-picked, and feta quick baked over all was a great finishing touch. We usually do not order fries and did not think to have them left off (they come with the sandwiches, apparently), but we ate every one - they were yummy. Our server was a doll, and the young woman taking care of an adjacent family obviously enjoyed her work, as well. The place was quiet, it being a pretty dreary day and past the lunch hour, but I can imagine it gets pretty lively as there is a large lake-side deck and an upper level. Local wines were available by the glass.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

To go here for breakfast is very expensive I think. The food is good, but I don't want to pay a fortune for my breakfast. I have been to private parties upstairs and the food has been good.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have eaten here many a time especially after church on Sunday morning.
My favorite is the western omlett while my wife loves the chicken slovocki (spelling blunder for sure).
Great service and you have the view of the Chadwick Bay (Lake Erie).
During the warmer months you can also dine outside on the patio and there is live music during the summers. You can also dine there on Thursdays (summertime)in the evening and enjoy the City of Dunkirks "music on the pier" offerings.
On the patio there is an outside bar for your adult beverage consumption needs.
Overall, nice place, decent prices and food.

1  Thank Bruce B