“Glad to see It's open again”

Manning's Fireside Manor
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Dunkirk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2017

We have been to the newly reopened" Manning's Fireside Manor" 3 times now. We have had the burger, garlic bread app, fish fry, broiled fish, eggplant sandwich. All of the food has been very good thus far.
We met one of the owners (and cook) last Monday and he is welcoming suggestions . He also is looking to do some type of specials as time goes on.
Last Friday we were there for the fish and the place was packed.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Bruce B

Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I went to the newly reopened Manning's Fireside Manor today for Easter dinner and were impressed with both the food and the service. Every one of the serves was congenial and extremely helpful and efficient. I understand they had 200 reservations today and everything was running smoothly. I had the Virginia Baked Ham dinner and my friend had the lamb; both were excellent meals with more than enough food. It is a bit pricey, BUT, it is fine dining and the amount of food warrants the charge. I can't wait to go back for dinner off of the regular menu. I highly recommend this restaurant...we only have one other of this caliber and it is about 20 miles away.

Date of visit: April 2017
3  Thank 608dianac
Reviewed February 26, 2016 via mobile

This is a struggle to stay open which really mystifies me because the owners are wonderful people, the food quality and variety is exceptional. The bartender and waitstaff are good. We are fortunate to have this lovely restaurant near town.

Date of visit: February 2016
2  Thank Jonmun
Reviewed February 8, 2016

Very good food and the atmosphere is nice. Especially if you sit by the fireplace . Celebrated a milestones me wedding anniversary and the had the table decorated to reflect that. Balloons and table decorations.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed January 24, 2016 via mobile

We have eaten here many times since they reopened. Consistently good with only very rare misses.

The Cajun dishes are great. Love the T-bone specials on Thursday (great deal!).

Love the clams casino.

The staff is attentive and enthusiastic

I wish they would use better bread (crusty) and have brighter candles on tables.

We are always happy to go back

Date of visit: January 2016