“Great food, good service, lovely view”

Veraisons Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Veraisons Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We had a great meal here, and I was impressed with the number of vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options. (The other well-known restaurant I looked at in the area had only one vegetarian option: a $25 plate of fettuccine in a cream sauce.) My wife started with the Carrot Coconut Ginger Soup, which was delicious. I had the Grilled Watermelon Salad with firm feta cheese slices, pickled ramps, tatsoi, and spiced cashews. That may sound like too many flavors mixed together, but that was not the case. For entrées, my wife had the Grilled Black Angus Filet Mignon, the first slice of which she wasn't thrilled with, but the rest met her standards. I had a wonderful item called Mushroom Duet, which consisted of sautéed oyster mushrooms, smoked shiitakes, an edamame hummus, marcona almonds, delightful stuffed squash blossoms with a blackberry ketchup. Next time, I'm going to try the Brie and Fig Crostini and the Korean Fried Tofu

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Given most restaurants associated with a winery tend to cost a bit more, but for how the food descriptions were listed, the flavor was lacking.

Service also came off as slow. Seated promptly, 15 minutes to take drink order, 10-15 to receive drink order, 25-30 minutes to receive food (lunch sandwiches and burgers). I would put the restaurant at 40% capacity for lunch with plenty of staff moving around, so the slow service struck our table as odd. Other couples sitting nearby we heard talking about the same issue.

Head into town if you are looking for a simple lunch or head to the Glenora tasting room up the hill.

Perhaps their dinners are better, but we most likely will not return to eat here.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here the night of our anniversary. We stayed at the inn at glenora and made reservations here due to convenience. My husband enjoyed his steak, but said it wasn't the greatest. My chicken however was very bland. No taste whatsoever. The dessert made up for it. It was a fancy version of a smores. Wine was good. Nice local selection. Would I return? Probably not.

1  Thank Sun_chaserNewYork
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Veraisons at Glenora Winery, on Seneca Lake, is one of the most popular wineries during the day, but at night, the dining room was relatively empty.

We went on a Friday in the spring when the restaurant offers a fish fry, so of course we had to order it! We also ordered a carbonara asparagus risotto.

The fish fry was served with rice and the fish had this wonderful, semi-sweet flavor on the breading, which almost tasted like a funnel cake wrapped around a moist, flaky piece of fish.

The risotto was creamy, and once you broke the poached egg into the risotto, it became a decadent delight.

We also ordered a wine flight. I chose a red wine flight, where I was brought four glasses of Glenora wine as a tasting. This was a very nice way to try a few different wines at dinner.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I recently had a wonderful meal at Veraisons Restaurant for our anniversary. The view is amazing with vineyards and then Seneca Lake. We started our meal off with 2003 BRUT to drink which was amazing! For appetizer we had brie and fig crostini, so delightful! For dinner I had the most amazing, juicy Pork Chop. My husband had the kobe beef steak that was like butter. Our dinners were both amazing. We also had dessert that was an amazing sweet treat to end the meal. I would highly recommend Veraisons!