“Loved loved loved the pairings!!!!”

Hermann J. Wiemer Vineyard
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Dundee
More attraction details
Owner description: Hermann J. Wiemer Vineyard Estate grown wines are established from traditions of excellence and have a nationwide reputation for creating exceptionally lush, crisp and well-balanced wines.
Madurai, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Loved loved loved the pairings!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

This vineyard was our last stop on what had already been a fabulous day on the Seneca Lake Wine Trail. The tables where one could enjoy either a meat and cheese pairing or a dessert pairing were set up outside the main tasting rooms, overlooking the lawns and fall trees. It was gorgeous and relaxed setting. Some of the wineries on the trail offer food parings, but you must stand at the tasting bar while you taste and pair. This is not the case here, and it makes the experience so much more enjoyable. I got the meat and cheese pairing, and my friend got the dessert pairing, and we shared them. Chef Michael Murphy was very involved with the tastings, introducing all of the items on the platters, making wine pairing suggestions, and answering any questions we might have. Both he and Stephanie, who was pouring and describing our wines, were wonderful. I was impressed by the cheese and meat choices, but some of the desserts knocked my socks off. The combination of the Late Harvest Riesling and white chocolate mousse with orange and rosewater essence was such a sensuous bomb in my mouth that I actually groaned out loud in pleasure and grabbed the back of my chair to keep from sliding off it. The experience was a pure delight.

Fogelsville, Pennsylvania
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Check out the $20 wine pairing with local and imported meat and cheeses or homemade chocolates. A perfect way to relax and enjoy some terrific wines. Call for a reservation. It was wonderful!

Hornell, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Chardonnay and Rieslings are of the highest quality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Highly respectable and gorgeous winery with the smoothest Chardonnay I have had. I have added this winery to the top of my favorites on Seneca Lake and Keuka Lake! (Although, I have to be loyal and say Dr. Frank and Wiemer as neck and neck! )

Staten Island, NY
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Some of the best Rieslings in the country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

No one gives any respect to NY State wines, but finally Wiemer and their equal counterpart Konstantin Frank are getting some respect. Wiemer wines are now featured in 350 restaurants in NYC and hopefully in more liquor stores so people can buy whole bottles for the themselves. Most of their wines are reasonably priced, under $25 but he's also got a few reserve selections in the $35 range and even up to $95. My favorite is the semi-dry followed by the Late Harvest. Well worth your time on the Seneca wine trail.

Visited August 2013
Perth, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Old and established”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Lovely ambience and tasting room. On the weekend they also do "pairings". We were very sorry that we could not be there to participate

Visited August 2013