“Chocolate, Wine and an awesome place to crash”

1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Dundee B&B and Inns
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
“Chocolate, Wine and an awesome place to crash”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We came up for the Chocolate and Wine Trail Weekend, and had a wonderful weekend. We woke up every morning to the smell of a wonderful breakfast, I think the blueberry pancakes were my favorite. She had snacks every evening when we dragged ourselves back to the house. Her home is beautiful, and she is very sweat and knowledgeable. we will definitely be going back for a summer visit and a whole new experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1922starkeybb, Owner at 1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
I love when my guests totally relax. I can imagine what it is like (better yet I remember what it was like) working hard all week just looking forward to a fun and relaxing getaway. I am glad I could provide you with that and hope to host you again! Sincerely with thanks, Cathy

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 10, 2014

1922 Starkey House B&B was a Great place. Cathy was very sweet and the food was amazing!! Everything she made was local. My favorite was the blueberry pancakes. She made snacks for us every evening. We will be going back. I would highly recommend you visit her place.

• Stayed February 2014
Your comments are much appreciated. I really enjoy seeing my guest have a good time in the area and I love to know that the house is comfortable and my breakfasts are memorable. Thank you sincerely, Cathy
Central PA
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed at the 1922 Starkey House this week for an overnight while touring the Finger Lakes Distilleries and Wineries. The location of the property is terrific - it is just off a major highway but far enough away to feel private. The architecture of the house is stunning, with beautiful Arts & Crafts stained glass windows and woodwork in immaculate condition. The house, the rooms, the bathrooms were meticulously clean. Breakfast was made with free range eggs and fresh vegetables - it was delicious. Cathy was available to answer questions, provide recommendations and really enhanced the trip.
Would definitely stay there again.
Thank you Cathy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
You have mentioned and praised every aspect of what I believe, is my total business philosophy and goal. Thank you so much for expressing, in length, how good your experience here was. It is not often that people actually take the time to do this and I appreciate all of your good words, from my heart. I look forward to hosting you again and do not take lightly, the compliments. Cathy
Blairstown, New Jersey
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Cathy is an excellent hostess who makes guests feel at home. Her house is an updated craftsman home with beautiful woodwork, updated baths, comfortable, clean rooms, beautiful views of Seneca Lake, and easy access to the main highway. Because we were unfamiliar with the area, Cathy's knowledge of the local attractions and activities made our off-season visit fun and stress-free. The food is excellent and abundant, and she utilizes locally sourced, seasonal ingredients. We would highly recommend this bed and breakfast, and we look forward to a return visit.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for the wonderful review! I look forward to your return visit. So many before you are now considering the Starkey House their "home away from home." Can't wait to meet again and like I mentioned, it is really beautiful here during the spring, summer, and fall. The doors and windows open and breakfast is served on the porch with lake views and breezes!
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The house is absolutely delightful. Its warm & cozy, the perfect weekend get-away. My boyfriend and I stayed here while we were in town visiting for a wedding. The house is beautiful and inviting, and Cathy is a wonderful host. We stayed in the larger private room on the first floor with separate bath. The bed was most comfortable, and the room was furnished beautifully. Breakfast was exquisite! Very tasteful: veggie quiche, corn bread, bacon, apples, coffee & tea and all the fixings. We were well fed and enjoyed great company. Would 100% recommend and hope to visit again! Thank you Cathy - keep up the great work.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so fortunate to own this business where my guests are so pleased that they write detailed kuddos about the house and service! Thank you for the genuine words and for taking the time necessary to write this. From the heart, Cathy
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Clean relaxing rooms. Soft sheets and towels. We enjoyed some time on the balcony enjoying the view. Food was fresh and delicious. Great location. Cathy is a wonderful host with great recommendations and tips. Good value for a place that feels like home. We will be back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We found this B&B on trip advisor and we did enjoy a nice stay. The room was simple, but lovely and excellently maintained. The location is great and the breakfasts are wonderful!! We loved that she uses local ingredients!! However, when we arrived late due to an unavoidable circumstance, the owner's greeting made us feel uncomfortable. The owner, why gracious tends to lecture a little. I never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast that had "the rules" so directly stated and literally, spelled out! I found it amusing that we were even given written instruction on the proper use of the "provided" makeup remover before going to bed!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1922starkeybb, Owner at 1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here. About your late arrival, I am always very flexible and apoligize for the fact that your were made to feel uncomfortable in any way. I do not recall if you might have mentioned that you would be arriving earlier or not but still I am sure I just wanted you to get comfortable in your rooms after a long trip.

About your comment concerning written rules. These are usually guidelines to help guests have a better time here. They mostly talk about amenities, things about safety, no smoking reminders, times for breakfast, etc. However, I recently added the note about makeup removal to point out that those products are now available since several guests asked for them. Perhaps the wording is a little strong . . . but there is no tutorial about makeup removal before bedtime! I think that would sound funny too. So I have reworded all of that to make you and perhaps others feel less lectured. . . which was never the intent.
Thanks for all of the great things you mentioned about the house and my services, and food. I do hope to see you again. Cathy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Hampton Inn Penn Yan
#1 of 17 in Watkins Glen
1897 Beekman House
1897 Beekman House
#1 of 11 in Dundee

Been to 1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!