“Awesome experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 11 Dundee B&B and Inns
Bangor, PA
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was our first stay at a bed and breakfast. What a wonderful experience. Everything was clean and fresh from the front porch to the towels. We couldn't have had a better time. Cathy was a terrific innkeeper! Her detail to everything was perfect and her cooking was great.
Cathy is a very nice, warm, friendly person who loves what she does!

Room Tip: We stayed in the first floor bedroom. It was absolutely lovely.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I felt right at home. Peaceful surroundings but close to wineries and other attractions. Best night's slept I've had in a long time. Best of all are the breakfasts. Creative and flavorful local ingredients are used. Quite delicious!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1922starkeybb, General Manager at 1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Again, I am so happy to make all my guests as comfortable as possible. When my guests turned friends return and call the Starkey House "home" they are paying me the ultimate compliment. I know that when guests arrive here they are probably trying to leave their work or other of life's concerns behind them to relax and enjoy. I hear quite frequently, that the sleeping here is especially good due to the country quiet and fresh air.
I hope to see you again! Thank you for your kind review.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We recently had our second weekend getaway at this delightful B&B. We opted to return for the fine location and for Cathy's wonderful hospitality and delicious breakfasts. Although we are quite familiar with the Finger Lakes region, we always learn something new from Cathy. Her wealth of knowledge about the area would be invaluable to first time visitors. Highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1922starkeybb, Owner at 1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
It is always a pleasure to host satisfied guests once again! Thank you for your kind comments. Your return visit is much appreciated and motivates me to strive for higher levels of service and to expand my offerings! I am glad that you fully enjoyed the house, the food and surroundings again and hope to see you in the near future!
Nepean, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This lovely B&B located along Lake Seneca had a warm and welcoming atmosphere. It was easy to find and we were greeted by Cathy when we arrived and shown into a lovely ground floor room with attached ensuite. This B&B is close to many different wineries and Watkins Glen was just a 10 minute drive away. Breakfast was delicious with gluten free-options for myself and my husband. Cathy thoughtfully provided us with coupons for free wine tastings at several different wineries and the local distillery. A great location, good food and good value.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I strive daily to provide the best here at 1922 Starkey House. I am glad you appreciated the gluten-free choices in menu. I am interested in continuing to provide a variety of conventional and special request options and I am expanding the menu since I have been fortunate to have guests stay for as long as one week. It is fun and exciting. My beautiful house and this great Finger Lakes location are my working partners!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great location by the beautiful lake. As some have mentioned, this one isn't right on the lake, but the view from our lovely room (Veranda Room) was great. We were there in April and it was a cold one, so hard to imagine with warm lake breezes. The fact that we enjoyed it so much despite the cool weather means anyone there in the summer will be overjoyed by the place. Cathy was wonderful and friendly--very accommodating to my gluten-free needs (she even left packaging out so I could make sure it was safe; it's those little details that make all the difference). The food was locally-sourced (as much as possible) and just incredible. Our room was very cozy and warm with a nice, private modern bathroom. Cathy was even kind enough to answer some of my questions about one day opening my own B&B.

We were there for some wine sampling and to celebrate our brand new engagement and we couldn't have been happier. My fiance opted to go for the bouquet and it was beautiful and ready in our room when we arrived. Snacks and tea/hot cocoa were available as well, upon our arrival. We plan to visit again.

Room Tip: Veranda Room is nice if you want a romantic weekend (private bath, GIANT porch overlooking the lake...
Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SallyF292
1922starkeybb, Owner at 1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
It was my pleasure to serve you both! I love to pay special attention to the details, especially when it comes to food preferences. 1922 Starkey House will continue to provide the freshest and best breakfasts and snacks prepared with locally sourced food produce from farms and gardens.
Whenever possible, I am dedicated to creating interesting recipes using organically grown vegetables and fruits, meats and cheeses. Guests with traditional or specific eating styles and needs are always welcomed here!
I do hope to see you again in warmer months when you can fully enjoy all that the outside porches and grounds have to offer. Thanks for the lovely review!
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Starkey House is located in the heart of Finger Lakes wine country along Seneca Lake. It is a genuine Mission-Revival-style home, built in 1922. The current owner, Cathy Moskal, has been lovingly restoring the home for the last 14 years.
If you stay during the warmer months, you will spend most of your time our on the beautiful wrap-around porches, where breakfast is served al fresco, enjoying the view, and soaking in the quiet of the country. You may see a horse and buggy pass right by, and wonder what century you are in, as the area has a large Amish and Mennonite community.
Within a short drive you can enjoy many wineries: The closest being Fruit Yard, Hickory Hollow, Glenora Starkey’s Lookout, Magnus Ridge and Fulkerson. There are a total of 18 wineries on the west side of Seneca Lake alone!
This would also be a paradise for a landscape painter, a writer looking for inspiration or a couple (like us) wanting to forget about work for a weekend, looking for a slice of unique adventure in the heart of the Finger Lakes.
Within a short drive of the Starkey House we could enjoy The Corning Museum of Glass, hiking Watkins Glen State Park, biking on the Catherine Valley Trail, kayaking on Keuka Lake, and dinner at the Union Block Café in Hammondsport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FingerLakesSummer
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a wonderful time at 1922 Starkey House. Our room was cozy and comfortable, and the breakfast was the best we've had in years. Cathy (our host) was very knowledgeable about the area, and was so friendly and accommodating. It was nice visiting during the off-season. We had the house to ourselves, and none of the places we went were crowded.

Our favorite part of the stay was definitely the food. She had very tasty snacks laid out as soon as we arrived, and the breakfast - the breakfast! It was so delicious and wholesome. If we are ever in this area again, we will definitely be going back to Starkey House.

Room Tip: The Veranda Room was great!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1922starkeybb, Owner at 1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you and I am so happy that you both enjoyed every aspect of your stay here at 1922 Starkey House in Finger Lakes Wine Country. It is my pleasure to host my guests and I hope to see you both again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
BEST WESTERN PLUS Vineyard Inn & Suites
The Savannah House Inn
The Blackberry Inn B&B
The Blackberry Inn B&B
#1 of 17 in Watkins Glen

Been to 1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!