“visit, dont stay”

The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars
Ranked #4 of 11 Dundee B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We stayed here for a wedding in May. The place is beautiful with great scenery and romantic atmosphere. The rooms are outdated and overpriced. We expected a little more from this Inn. The lunch at the restaurant was ok, nothing to brag about. Their wines are amazing.

• Stayed: May 2011

Reviewed October 12, 2010

Unfortunately, I have been on a business trip and couldn't fully enjoy this wonderful hotel! But I'll certainly come back to relax and enjoy the great wine.
The room was just great - very clean and with a nice view on the lake. The staff was very friendly. But most of all, it was sooo quiet there ! Perfect to relax!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sansunny
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Had a wonderful stay at the Inn at Glenora. Rooms were very nice and clean. The bartender at the inn was awesome! She was so helpful. The view was beautiful from the inn and the restaurant at the inn. The restaurant there was fantastic too!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2010

This is a wonderful weekend spot. It is clean, views are breathtaking and staff is very accomodating. The price is right and the grounds (and wine) are impeccable. They offer the little extras that you don't get from the big chain hotels anymore. When you arrive, you are greeted with a glass of wine, there is a cheese tray waiting for you in your room and cozy seating nooks everywere. What more could you ask for? I have been here before and will definitely return again!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We booked a few months in advance for the Wakins Glen Indy Race weekend. Had visited the winery a few times before and loved the views and landscaping. Rooms and facilities were well kept. 30 rooms on the property, 2 levels. While cking in, we were offered a glass of sparking wine. Around 5pm we inquired about dinner reservations for the night and we were quickly told that we were not allowed to dine in the resturanat due to a wedding that was taking place in the resturant and was ask if we would like to dine in the wine cellar. So that sounded wonderful? Well, after being escorted to the "wine cellar" dinning in the tiny lower "office type room" with small windows that overlooked the vineyards and the wedding guests, didn't sound too appealing. So we were offered to dine on the parking lot patio, with views of wedding guest smoking and the parked cars. So we drove 8miles into town and had a wonderful waterfront meal for 1/2 the price. The first night we stayed the noise from the wedding and the wedding party overtook all 30 rooms. Things did not quite down until 1am. When we awoke and stepped onto the rooms patio to take in the morning view and to enjoy coffee, we found that our patio had been used by the upstairs room as an ash tray. Butts and ashes Galore! We decided to go to the resturant and try the breakfast. At 930am the resturant was preparing for the wedding that was coming in that night. So no peace was to be had in the resturant. Breakfast was great. Service terrible, noise and distraction was worse. We then walked over to the winery and decided to take a tour. $5 pp and the tour was 10min long by a tour guide who read from a typed written paper. I ask her a few questions and she guided me to read the brochure to find the info that I was asking. We were the only 2 people on the tour. The bottling room was in major repair mode with a man sanding the floor and dust flying everywhere. We couldn't hear the tour guide if she did have anything interesting to say. What a waste. $5 each? Cheap blow to paying guest. While we were checking out I expressed my concerns with the hotels issues with the manager and a full desk of clerks. The manager assured me that it was policy to tell everyone who made reservations that weddings were planned for the wkends that people were booking and that most of the hotels areas would be out of service for guest. One hotel rep. actually laughed and said, "good thing you are not staying tonight, we have another wedding coming in". Not what I wanted to hear or how I should have been treated. I paid top dollar for two nights at the inn and I would have been better off at Wakins Glen State parking camping in a tent. REALLY.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank blondehabs
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Receiving host at the inn was remarkable. Very patient with all of our questions. We had a late night "meal" (appetizers and dessert) at the restaurant. Food was great as well as the service, with the exception of the molten chocolate cake that was cooked all the way through (the waitress admitted that the cakes were overcooked). However the flavor of the cake was very good. The mattresses on both of the beds were very soft, to the point where the bed bowed, and gave no back support. I weigh 130lbs. Didn't provide a good night's sleep. We were placed in the "handicap" room (last room available), so maybe this is the last room to get upgrades??? I appreciated the balcony with adirondack chairs, the screen door to the balcony, the room decor, and the quiet climate control system. I would recommend to a friend, but warn them of the mattress situation.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank formikah
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a mini vacation from Thursday – Saturday. The room and view were fabulous. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. I love how they give you a glass of sparkling wine when you check in and an evening glass of port after dinner. The winery/tasting room was one of the best ones we visited. It was nice that they were opened until 8:00pm for tastings because most of the others close at 5:00. I would highly recommend this place if you are staying in the area, especially for a couples get away.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Lakeside Resort
Geneva on the Lake
Geneva on the Lake
#6 of 11 in Geneva
The Savannah House Inn

Been to The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars? Share your experiences!