“Great wedding”

Glenora Wine Cellars
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Dundee
More attraction details
Owner description: The first winery established on Seneca Lake, widely known for its warm hospitality and magnificent lakeside setting has garnered exemplary reviews both in and outside the Finger Lakes region. Stop in for a wine tasting and browse our retail shop.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great wedding”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently got married at Glenora. What a beautiful place to have a wedding. I would recommended the hotel, the faculty amd more importantly the staff to anybody. Thank you Glenora for making the weekend so special for my wife and I.

Menasha, Wisconsin
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Felt rushed”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were on an all day tour of wineries in the area. This one was pretty crowded.
The wine was ok for the most part. They did sell a spice package of spices for hot mulled wine, and the samples of that were tasty.
We felt pretty rushed through the tasting.

Clearwater
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“A Fair Review”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I believe in giving credit where it is deserved and calling out the areas that needs improvement.
We just stayed there for a wedding recently and I don't want to give names as the father of the bride was quite delighted with his experience with his wedding planners. This is our experience after staying from a Friday to a Sunday. First of all, the views are incredible! Breathtaking!
Upon checking in Jenna was just delightful and was upon the whole stay. Helen was helpful as well and trying to be very accomodating. We tried to make it for breakfast and had a two year old who wanted pancakes, only to be told, that they stopped serving breakfast at 10am. They went and brought him toast, but of course he was not interested. We came back for lunch at 12:30 and were told that they were too busy and that there was no room for us. So we went across the street to eat, not my idea of what we should have to do when we are paying $300.00 per night for a room. Ashton had a a very very snotty attitude along with her pink hair, and when we came for breakfast at 9am on Sunday, inquired as to whether we had a reservation, really? She needs training in customer service or needs to find another industry that does not require dealing with the public. That kind of attitude will not bring repeat business. We also overheard another guest complaining because they could not use the bar which was closed for our wedding. I think they need to be proactive and make accomodations for that situation. Perhaps a server could have taken their order if they wanted drinks, they too were miffed at those prices, that they were not offered all the services of the high end hotel. The winery was very nice and we enjoyed it, but found the food we ate to be just ok. Nothing special, and they need improvement!

1 Thank marelise22
Lehman, Pennsylvania
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 161 helpful votes
“Good Wine Tasting Experience”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Glenora Wine Cellars offers many different custom wines. I believe it was $3.00 to sample six different wines of your choice. Our favorite was the light and fruity Blueberry Wine. The servers at the tasting counter were all very friendly and interacted well with all of the customers. A tour of the wine cellars was also available, but we did not take his tour. The gift shop offers wine themed decor and supplies you may need for that new bottle of wine. We did not eat at the restaurant or stay at the hotel, but we were very impressed by the gorgeous view of the vineyards and Seneca Lake.

Belmont
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An innovative and rewarding restaurant”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I visit Watkins Glen ten times per year. Each time I make it a point to have at least one meal at the restaurant. The chef is innovative with a wide selection. The wine pairings are a good pour at reasonable prices.

Visited September 2013