“Okay but not that interesting given all the great other wineries in the area”

Glenora Wine Cellars
Ranked #3 of 12 things to do in Dundee
More attraction details
Owner description: The first winery established on Seneca Lake, widely known for its warm hospitality and magnificent lakeside setting has garnered exemplary reviews both in and outside the Finger Lakes region. Stop in for a wine tasting and browse our retail shop.
Reviewed September 10, 2011

High point is the view from the tasting room , the low point was the wine. the wines were not bad but nothing to brag about and certainly nothing I would not bother to carry home with me. To be fair some in my group loved the peach sparklers so personal taste will vary but everyone thought the prices were high.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"for sale"
"a nice touch"

Reviewed July 20, 2011

I'm not the biggest wine person, but I really enjoyed the Reserve Room tasting I did with my friend who lives in the area and was taking me around the Lake Seneca wineries. We were doing this on a Monday after a wine festival so things were pretty quiet, so our Reserve Tasting was just my buddy and myself with the gentleman from the winery. I'm horrible with names or I would make it a point to reference the gentleman who handled that tasting. He was very knowledgeable and genuinely nice. He even tracked me down in the parking lot when I forgot a copy of the list of wines that I wanted to take with me. Great pairings with the wine made for a really nice tasting experience as well. Thanks again for a great time Glenora!

Reviewed April 12, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for our 10 year anniversary and thought it would be a great place to taste wine, enjoy the beautiful lake and its surrounding and just relax. Boy were we right! The hotel staff were very pleasant, the view from our room was excellent (lake and vineyard), the wine was fantastic and the food at Veraison's was exceptional!

We took a wine tour with Grapevine Tour's w/Bonnie, who was very pleasant and knowledgeable throughout the tour. We visited 8 or 9 wineries throughout the tour. It was fun and exciting visiting all the Seneca Lake wineries and a little wine didn't hurt.

What we liked least were obnoxious wine drinker's (not tasters) who seemed to be crowding the wineries for free wine, were visibly intoxicated and there for one thing. If you want to tailgate, go to a sporting event. Wineries are not for tailgating! Show some class or stay home!

Reviewed October 28, 2009

I recently went up to the Finger Lakes with a small group to do wine tasting. Our group was greeted at the door by a staff member who said that we needed to wait because we had a group...WAIT OUTSIDE in the RAIN. We asked if we could wait inside and the staff member stated that his boss said that they wanted us outside. Needless to say, the group was a bunch of successful professionals with money to spend and they would have made out by letting us inside as we all love to shop and we could have helped their sales in the gift shop. We waited for about 20 minutes, while watching other people go ahead of us. When we questioned how long we would wait, he kept having to run to ask his boss, again while letting groups of people ahead of us. We ended up leaving after waiting almost half hour. We had a fantastic time at all the other wineries we visited and were treated with respect and appreciation at all the others. I would suggest skipping this winery as the vibe was unpleasant and snobby. It was certainly their loss as our group left the other wineries with cases and cases of wine.

3  Thank TravelerFingerLakes
See more reviews
Reviewed October 25, 2009

8 friends and I took a wine tour of Lake Seneca this past weekend. I have heard that Glenora wine cellars was a good place, so decided to make this our first stop. When we arrived, we were met by an employee that said we needed to wait a few minutes to enter, due to our larger number of guests. We understood and were willing to wait in their lobby and browse their gift shop. 5 minutes went by when we were once again approached by the same employee who told us that we needed to wait oustside. It was pouring rain out, but we deided we could stick it out for a few minutes. 20 minutes later (after standing in the rain), and watching them let groups of 7-8 people in at a time (we had 9), I questioned this same employee, to why we had to wait, while other groups were getting let in, and he was extremely rude to me by saying "thats just the way it is". We decided to leave and take our buisness elsewhere. When we returned to our van, our driver had us that Glenora has a reputation of being rude. Let me remind you that we were a group of middle aged women, not rowdy or drunk by any means. We ended up going to other wineries that were FANTASTIC as well as welcoming. Thumbs up to Hazlitt, Fulkerson, and Popular Ridge .

1  Thank jennrdab