“Slightly Bizarre” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of South Glenora Tree Farm B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dundee
South Glenora Tree Farm B&B
Ranked #9 of 11 Dundee B&B and Inns
Troy
“Slightly Bizarre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

When we arrived, my first thought was "This is exactly what I need: peace and quiet." Unfortunately, if you desire quiet at breakfast, you won't find it here. Our host, Steve, seemed to think that guests sitting quietly around the breakfast table meant that he should fill in with an endless stream of conversation filled with more information about him, his family and his business than most strangers would care to hear. I would also disagree with other guests who found the breakfast offering to exceed the food offered elsewhere. If your preference is for muffins, cake breads and store bought pastry - you are in luck. The table is laden with this kind of food. If you like packaged breakfast sausage - it was offered every day we were there. If you want something interesting and tasty - you should take Steve' s often repeated joke and eat elsewhere. But more upsetting was the fact that our car broke down and we were turned in to "Steve dependents" First he said we could use his wife's car, then he said we could use his truck. He renegged on both offers when we said we needed to get to town to check on the car and drive home: no taxis, no public transportation. He said he thought there was a limo service. I said I didn't have cash on me to pay for a limo. He said "That's waht ATMs are for." Then Steve said he had a secret surprise for us. I don't know about the rest of you, but when my car breaks down and I have to be back at work the next day, I like to be an adult and know how things will be resolved. Steve kept saying that we would soon know what the surprise was...unfortunately the hours ticked on by. I began to think "Twilight Zone" When I finally said we were going to try to hitch a ride into town from a passerby and would like to leave our luggage there, Steve became downright peevish about his surprise. He said he would drive us to town, but it was clear he was mad. So much so that he pulled off the road to speak to a man from another motel who owns a "limo". I overheard the man say he didn't know Steve and he didn't know anything about giving us a ride. (This seemed believable since he was several hours late according to Steve's original information to us and the man was busy cleaning his own motel.) This only encouraged Steve to embellish his story. Now he said that it was his intention to pay for us to have a limo ride, if only we hadn't been so unreasonable and impatient. I say being around Steve is anything but relaxing. Home never looked so good.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravellerTroy
treefarmbb, Owner at South Glenora Tree Farm B&B, responded to this review, September 11, 2010
Wonderful people come through all the time. I appreciated this folks who came and stayed for two nights, and though working the B&B alone [as my wife was with the grandkids and I did not have her car] and finding the folks had car difficulty I called a nearby motel, where the owner has a limo that has been used by our guests in the past. At little or no cost to our guests. My truck farm old Ford Ranger was not appropriate for guests to borrow. Fortunately, our housekeeper arrived for work at 11:30 A.M. and I borrowed her car and delivered our guests to the garage where their car was to be repaired. This was all accomplished just after the noon hour. We here at the Treefarm B&B was hoping the limo was availble so the guests could be escorted to a winery or two while their car was being repaired [projected available near the 4 P.M. hour].

Total time from trying to get the limo, stopping by the motel cancelling the limo, to getting the folks to their car that needed to be repaired: one hour and twenty minutes.

We try, sincerely try, maybe a bit too much, and sometimes we fail. I am very thankful to our housekeeper who helped me get the guests to their car. Enjoy the other reviews :0)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Levittown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

This is an amazing place to stay - the property is beautiful, the owners are very friendly and helpful plus you'll meet some great people and enjoy delicious country breakfasts here. It is also quite close to many attractions in the Finger Lakes area, including many wineries, farmers' markets, Watkins Glen State park, the Farm Sanctuary and Seneca Lake cruises. There are so many interesting things to do in the area but you also have the opportunity to walk the trails on the property, enjoy the gorgeous scenery here, relax on the porch or inside and meet many interesting people from different places. I would highly recommend this to other travelers and I hope I can return relatively soon!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Sue53023
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

His name is Steve and he has quite the charm. We stayed for 4 days and had wonderful breakfasts and conversation. I also watched this man deal with people that in my opinion were difficult but he appeased them because it was his job. The rooms were clean, the property was beautiful, the food was above board and the man behind everything was strong and yet compromising and always willing to please. God Bless you Steve and be well. Harold and Nancy Young! See you again!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

The Tree Farm B&B is by far the best B&B out there. (And i have been to quite a lot.) Steve (the host) is a great guy. He is friendly and welcoming without being tacky or annoying. Everyday he cooked up something new for breakfast. It was absolutely terrific. Steve is probably the best cook I ever meet. Their are so many things to choose from at breakfast, making it impossible to not find something you like. (Even for picky eaters like me.)
Steve's property is astonishing. On the last day of our stay he took me in his truck around the area. The meadows, forests, trails, and stream on the 110 acre land are truly beautiful.
My dad and I stayed at "the sweet." The rooms were clean and comfortable. Their was a porch and fireplace in our suite, along with private bath, fridge, and TV. Steve made it feel like for the time of your stay, the whole place was as much yours as Steve's.
Aside from the B&B being one of the best their is, there was plenty to do. Over a hundred winery's in the area, 5 state parks, and a nascar race track. The best ice cream place ever "the great escape." (we went their every day.) The corning museum of art (only a 30min drive) was great. I can go on and on.
Really a great place. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank anne515
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

We just returned from our 9th stay with Steve at the Tree Farm. This was for my 50th High School reunion. But we have stayed for no reason except it is "THE" place to stay. Middle of the Seneca Wine Trail, near Watkins Glen and the International Speedway, Watkins Glen State Park and hundreds of other things to do all within less than 30 minutes drive.. Watkins Glen is 8 - 10 minutes. The rooms are great, each with a private bath. The wrap around porch is great, last year my bride and I sat for 2 days and watched the grass grow and read. The Tree Farm trail is an enjoyable walk and in the shade on a warm sunny day.
My favorite meal of the day, anytime of day is breakfast. Steve cooks a breakfast that is fit for a lumber jack or for someone trying to watch the waist line. Steve is a most gracious host who's only requests are a saucer under the coffee cup and to enjoy your stay not, only at his home but in the entire area.
We have met people at breakfast 2 or 3 years in a row and enjoy catching up on the years happenings in each others lives. Steve also remembers your past stays so is also a part of the conversation of which there is plenty . No silence. Breakfast also includes fresh fruit, several cakes and pastries and a bottomless coffee pot.
Steve, I am glad you came into our lives. Already looking forward to next years visit. With my bride in retirement I am thinking of a fall retreat. We will be driving up you driveway before you know it. Thank you for 9 outstanding weekends and a great friendship.
This is not our only experience at a B & B. This is a "10" type of experience. In the questions below it is asked of a hotel. This is a Bed & Breakfast but it has amenities that a hotel does not have. Is it a business center? If you want a business meeting, Steve will probably make some arrangements for you. I does not have a fitness center as such but you can run or walk the trail through the tree farm. Why would you want to take a computer to a Bed & Breakfast? For the swimmer Seneca Lake is just minutes away.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scouch42
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

This B&B is in a great location, and Steve is the ultimate host! The guest area is on a separate level from the owner's living quarters, so guests are offered free reign of the kitchen and living areas. We enjoyed the cool evening breeze and visiting with other guests on the covered porch. Make sure you as Steve for suggestions of what to do while in the area - he's full of great information. Will definitely be back when we can stay longer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the tree farm! The rooms were great, the atmosphere was great, and the food was great. It is quiet and peaceful. When there, take the time to hike the beautiful acreage. Steve is a kind and welcoming host whose priority is to ensure your pleasure. He is very knowledgable about the area and can advise you on anything. He takes great pride in his business and it certainly shows! The location is right in the middle of Seneca Lake wine country, minutes away from Watkins Glen, yet tucked away pleasantly in the wood.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn
The Savannah House Inn
Gorgeous View Motel
Gorgeous View Motel
#2 of 9 in Watkins Glen

Been to South Glenora Tree Farm B&B? Share your experiences!