“Pizza and Wings Carry Out Excellent”
Review of A-1 Pizzeria-Restaurant - CLOSED

A-1 Pizzeria-Restaurant
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Pizza, Steakhouse
Dining options: Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The pizza is really large not called large like a pizza hut. The wings are great. The cost is more than others, but worth it. I have been at this restaurant in the past and have had mixed result but pizza has never been an issue, or the wings. The half rack of ribs is great.

a1gm, General Manager at A-1 Pizzeria-Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Futureray, thank you so much for noticing the change to our pizza receipte and the great review. We strive to make A1 a place that everyone from our customers to our staff a place they can be proud of. See you next time.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I and another couple thought we would try this local restaurant, again. Bad decision. Nothing has changed. The food is edible....that's it. When anyone owns a restaurant, there is no reason for the chefs/cooks to not know that their food is sub-standard.
Will not go there again.
Bernie

a1gm, General Manager at A-1 Pizzeria-Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Bernie, I am so sorry you had a bad experience. Could you email me and let me know what you got so that I may work with our kitchen staff to improve it. We have spent a lot of time fixing everything from the food to the service to the environment and we are very embarrassed whenever everything is 100%. You may email me at manager@a1pizzarestaurant.com

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Food was bland and nothing remarkable about it at all. I am a much better cook than their chef and when I eat out I prefer it be the other way around!

a1gm, Owner at A-1 Pizzeria-Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Laurie, I am sorry you had a bad experience. im surprised you thought our food is bland. id like to treat you the next time you are in and show you the real A1 experience. please see me

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed in Dryden but spent most of our time at Cornell and in Ithaca. On Sunday night, we had planned to eat in the same restaurant that we had found Friday night in Ithaca. BUT, when we arrived at this restaurant, we found that it was closed on Sundays. We decided to head back to Dryden and hoped to find a restaurant. We were on the point of eating at the local pizza place, when we happened upon A-1.

We really were not expecting much since it said Pizzeria-Restaurant, but we were pleasantly surprised. It had a wide menu in addition to pizza. My husband, the steak lover, had the sirloin strip steak with a baked potato. His meal came with a salad (with lots of shredded cheese) that was so big that I did not feel guilty having many bites of it. They served hot roles that appeared homemade. They were delicious but beware they do have garlic on them. They were so accommodating that I am sure that would substitute either plain rolls or some other type of role. My husband said that every thing he ate was delicious and wished we had found this restaurant Friday night. He said his meal would cost a lot more in any other restaurant.

i had a huge philly steak sandwich on a torpedo roll. For $8.05 it came with onions. I prefer not to have onions. For $1.00 more I was able to have peppers and mushrooms. My sandwich was loaded with meat, vegetables, and cheese. I am sensitive to salt and did find it a bit salty but it was still delicious and I ate every bite. They allowed me to substitute a vegetable for the French fries. They gave me about three helpings of a delicious mixture of carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. I had an abundance of delicious food for not much money.

The service was outstanding. We could hear other servers who were just as accommodating.
It obvious that this restaurant is trying very hard to please its patrons.

If we are ever this this area again, we will definitely go back to A1.

3  Thank bcnett
a1gm, Manager at A-1 Pizzeria-Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

BCNett Thank you so much for the great review. It was our pleasure serving you and next time your in town please come back and ask for me. I woulD love to personally thank you and treat you and your husband to an appetizer on us.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

A1 has made some great changes over the last few months. The food and service is terrific. The pizza and Greek dishes are especially good.

1  Thank DZJ32

DZJ32, thank you so much for noticing and the great review. We strive to make A1 a place that everyone from our customers to our staff a place they can be proud of. See you next time.