“What a Beautiful Place”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
“What a Beautiful Place”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

It's hard to believe that I was able to purchase lunch for $7.00 in a gorgeous place like this. The woodwork is amazing. So elegant! Service was perfect!= (thank you, Brandy!) I ordered the patty melt and my friend had the Reuben and both of us were quite happy with our meals. I hope I can return someday.

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank JuneNY

Cross Junction, Virginia
“A Great Find”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

A geocaching log indicated this was a good place to go. We were on a motorcycle and geocaching trip in the Catskills, and added this to our itinery. It was a perfect addition.

The atmosphere is rustic and warm inside. Our server was very outgoing, and was the maker of the amazing carrot cake that was dessert! The burgers are really big! 6 oz is plenty, with all the trimmings it is a good value. There are not so many places to eat in the area, but this is certainly worth going out of the way to experience.

We were there in the early afternoon on a Wednesday, so the place was nearly empty, and allowed for conversation with a few of the local folks.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Cache-N-Stache
“4 stars for the ambiance, 3 stars for the food”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stopped here along the way heading towards Cooperstown, NY. A beautiful building. You can easily see how this was once a school with its tall windows and doors. The place was not very busy this afternoon but soon several other clients came in. The waitress was attentive to all of us. My husband ordered a burger which arrived with special fries pushed into the burger to resemble longhorns. Cute. The fries were homemade. I ordered a wrap special and it was so large that I could only eat half of it. The flavor was average, nothing bad, just average. I was happy for the price and the ambiance. The place has many taxidermy animals on the walls. A buffalo, cougar, bobcat and bear plus more. There are animal grazing on the slopes of the hills behind this place. Yes, I would stop here again and encourage you to also. It was worth seeing the animals and being in this historic place.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Acmeflower
Canada
“Great Service, Good Food”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

A little loud with respect to the music playing but great staff, great service and the food was good.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank mslade
Brooklyn, New York
“Place was visually beautiful!!!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The place is like walking into a time warp.
Every where you turn you have something old and cool to admire.
I went here on a whim for my birthday.
Bad idea. Unless I know about a place I will never celebrate my bday with an unknown menu.
The food was just okay, to much salt in most dishes.
Other then this it was fun, service was great, had a lot of laughs.!

• Visited June 2012