“no question about it!!”

IL Toscano Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
IL Toscano Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Douglaston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Douglaston Parkway
Transit: The Port Washington branch of the L.I.R.R.- Douglaston Station.
Description: For almost three decades, Il Toscano has been known for taking fresh, seasonal ingredients and preparing sumptuous Northern Italian style cuisine.
Bayside, New York
“no question about it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

There is a very good chance i may live the rest of my life without ever eating anything that compares to IL toscano. I am a secret food critic always undercover. I have been working on finding the best of the best for 4 years now. I have spent up to $490 on just myself eating at the "best" restaurants.. Il toscano is always more then a few notches above all . Its truly almost hard to believe how good their food is while you are eating. They are also under priced for their quality. They always have a great wine by the glass if your not getting a bottle. A fav wine by the glass they have is a sicilian red that is so lovable. If you are reading this consider yourself very very lucky. I have spent so many thousands and so much time to find this out. Its been fun though. Il toscano I love you and i will see you soon.

• Visited April 2011

College Point, NY
“Confirm Your Reservation - Many Times!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2009

We made a reservation for 7 at 7:30 for the night of Saturday, March 28, 2009. At about 5 PM, we realized we would be 6 and needed to push the reservation to 8:30 PM. I called the restaurant and made the change and was assured it was no problem. We arrived at the restaurant and found it extremely crowded with people backing up at the very small waiting area around the bar. I made my way to the man who seemed to be in charge of seating people and gave my name. He could not find the name on his list and informed me there would be a wait of 10 to 15 minutes. During my conversation with him I was pushed from the waiting area, around the reservation desk, and out into the dining area by people trying to make their way from the waiting area to the dining area. I then could not get back to the waiting without dislodging about 7 people. So I tried to stand off to the side. Apparently this was not good enough for the owner of the restaurant who rudely shoved me when I did not get out of his way fast enough. I finally squeezed back into the waiting area with the rest of my party and the many others who were waiting. My husband tried to get a drink at the bar but if you weren't actually sitting at the bar or a member of the wait staff, the bartender wasn't serving you. After about 40 minutes of waiting, I stepped out side for some air and wandered up the street to check out the menu of another restaurant named George Martin. I asked them how quickly the could seat a party of six and even though I could see that they were quite busy, they immediately arranged a table for six and asked if it would be satisfactory. I replied that it would and went back to Il Toscano to get my party. We ended up having a lovely dinner at George Martin with delicious food and very good service.

Long story short - avoid Il Toscano unless you are OK with a very long wait, a crowded waiting area, and a bartender who ignores your presence. And all this comes free of charge as long as you have a reservation.

2 Thank wedgewood58

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New York, NY
“Best kept secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2007

Every meal I've had at Il Toscano has always been the best meal I've ever had. The atmosphere is always festive, but it is also so cozy, it is particularly conducive to dining in winter. As for the menu, I recommend trying any of the specials -- in fact, they are all so unique and varied, I don't think I've ever ordered from the menu. If you like to begin a meal with a salad, you won't feel cheated, they are all so zesty (not just lettuce and dressing). If you are more adventurous, ordering one of the pastas as an appetizer is definitely the way to go. In particular, the black and white linguine with the shrimp was was so delicious, I'm still thinking about it. There was also a spinach and mushroom tart that was filled with intricate flavors and textures. For the main course, the chilean sea bass with the wasabe glaze was delectable, and the veal was so succulent, it was "like butter". This is a dining experience worth savoring, and as crowded as the three dining rooms are (I recommend the upstairs dining room for the most leisurely dining experience), the service is never rushed, and the meal is paced very well. It is worth taking some extra time to make room for the dessert, and for this I absolutely recommend the napolean -- it is so light and yummy, you will want one to go. My only qualm is the price of parking -- at over $7 on a Saturday night, you may want to arrive a little early for your reservation to attempt street parking. As for your reservation, you are best advised to make it an hour earlier than you plan to eat, and be prepared to join the crush at the bar for the wait. In spite of these minor inconveniences, this is a great dining experience, one of the best not just in Queens, but in New York.

San Diego
“great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2007

Third time here in one year and love it. Whenever I visit Long Island, I always come here. Service is great. If you have any concerns or questions about your dish, they'll take it back immediately and re-do it or get something else--Like all place should be doing. The fois gras appetizer is insanely good. All of their pasta dishes are equally as good. The duck entree is also fabulous. Go with the nightly specials and ask questions.
I'm glad the place is hard to find.