“Not the same”
Review of The Cookery

The Cookery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cookery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Dobbs Ferry
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
irvinton
“Not the same”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Sorry to say that I ate at the Cookery last night and was very disappointed. I've eaten there many time and have always loved the food, but it is not the same. When we got the bill we noticed that David the chef owner just opened a new place and was not there every other time he has either been in the kitchen or expediting. It did make a difference, also the place was not crowded on a Friday night so I think other people have noticed this to. David come back I love your food.

• Visited November 2013

Yorktown
“outstanding restaurant”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I recently went to dinner at the cookery. What a fabulous place. The bartender was extremely friendly and knowledgeable about wine. Our waitress GIgi I believe, was excellent as well. The chef and employees taste the various items on the main to properly describe and reccommend the dishes. She was right on. We probably would not have ordered some items that we did-and that would have been a mistake. Specifically the escargot sausage was amazing. Each dish was incredible from meatballs, freshest mozzarella ever!pork osso bucco, it was just a pleasure. We cannot wait to get back!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
Scarsdale, New York
“Consistently Delicious Dinners, Festive Crowd”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have eaten at The Cookery a few times, and each time we are more impressed by the quality of the preparation and the outstanding food that we have had the pleasure to sample. We started with their cabbage salad with BBQ'd onion, roasted corn and aged goat cheese and buttery salty potatoes with parmigiano. Both were extraordinary! And while we were waiting for our main course, our neighbors at the next table had ordered The Cookery's special Pig Dinner, so to our astonishment, we watched as a fully roasted and magnificently glazed pig was brought out from the kitchen. I found out that to order the Pig Dinner, requirers a reservation 4-5 days in advance and the guarantee that there will be at least 6 people for this price fixed dinner. For the main course, I ordered the branzino with roasted potatoes, which was excellent. One of my friends ordered the "market steak" and while the portion seemed huge, there was nothing left on his plate by the end of the meal. And for dessert we shared "sticky oatmeal stout cake with vanilla gelato" and something called " Stick a butter pie" that is hard to describe except that the name is fitting for the dessert! While some people might not like this restaurant because it is noisy and it is a very lively place to have dinner, it is also an exceptional opportunity to dine in one of the finest restaurants in Westchester and if that means that you might have to strain to hear your friends rave about the food, there are worst problems to have! It's worth making a reservation and enjoying not only your own meal, but watching others reacting to an occasional roasted pig being devoured near by!

• Visited September 2013
“Too much noise”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I've been there twice with my wife. The food and service were very good. However, it is so noisy, I found myself shouting to my wife who was no more than 2 feet across the table from me. Maybe young people think that noise equals cool but I would not go back. The bar noise carries into the dining room and it is very unpleasant.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank DobbsFerryTraveler
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a great experience at this restaurant. A good combination of excellent food (branzino for me, pork for my husband and steak for our friends) and great service. I was very pleased with this place.

• Visited August 2013