“Great food and great service”
Review of The Cookery

The Cookery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cookery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Dobbs Ferry
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a great experience at this restaurant. A good combination of excellent food (branzino for me, pork for my husband and steak for our friends) and great service. I was very pleased with this place.

• Visited August 2013

New York
“Always good food”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I have eaten here many times. We went last night and I guess because it was summer and we went a little early it was nice and quiet. By the time we left it was getting loud. The food is always good along with great service. I hate sending anything back, but my drink was very sour and he was like no problem what can I get you? Perfect service.Last night did not disappoint. We started with the cabbage salad with BBQ'd onions and goat cheese which was very good. My husband got the grilled asapargus with arugala. It was good but it had a lavender note which was to floraly for me but my husband liked the dish. We have eaten the meatball, crositini with ricotta and honey and they are both superb. For our entree we each got the branzino which was moist and delicious. The chicken dish is also delish. The roasted potatoes are fabulous (even though they are cooked in duck fat) We have not eaten here in a couple of months and were surprised that the menu has changed very little and there were very few special besides pasta. Many many pasta dishes and oh about 5-6 in total an entree without pasta. The desserts were, I believe, exactly the same as several months ago and they are average. Beware the cream puff with banana cream looks amazing but in my opinion is all puff and no cream. The decor is nice but the bathroom should say "sauna" instead of restroom.

Coral Springs, Florida
“Delicious Food Noisy Room”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We returned to dine at the Cookery midweek. It was fairly crowed and as a result the room was very noisy so that it was hard to hear our dinner companions. The food was superb as usual. We shared the excellent homemade meatball appetizer. My wife ordered their chicken dish prepared with fennel and beans which was delicious. I had their special pasta dish consisting of rigatoni with smoked mozzarella and bacon that was sublime. The wine selection is always reasonably priced and very good. However, the service was slow. Overall a very enjoyable experience.

1 Thank Quest2Go
Dobbs Ferry
“Heavenly Food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Chef David DiBari is incredibly creative. I started with the cabbage salad with barbequed onions and shredded aged goat cheese which was was surprisingly wonderful. Next, we shared the octopus appetizer, which was tender without being rubbery, one of the best grilled octopus dishes I've ever tried. For an entre, the gemelli with crushed duck liver sauce is one of the best pasta dishes I've ever eaten outside of Italy. Finally, we tried the sticky oatmeal stout cake which also did not disappoint. Some of our friends were unhappy with the amount of alcohol in their drinks, but otherwise, everyone left completely satisfied and looking forward to the next visit.

White Plains, New York
“I just don't get this place.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I read the reviews. I talked to friends and decided we had to try this place. The hostess is as rude as can be. You are a hostess and should be pleasant and smiling, not act annoyed when people who aren't regulars walk in the door. We waited at the bar for our table. The place is very noisy. You can barely have a conversation. The menu is a little too fancy. I like pasta with red sauce, not multiple configurations that the chef likes. Menu selections are few. What Italian restaurant doesn't have veal? Service was spotty. I don't get all the rave reviews. I love real Italian food but this wasn't it.

Visited October 2012