“Good food and Great Service”

Scaramellas Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Dobbs Ferry
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I had wonderful meal at Scaramellas restaurant.
Everything on the menu is good- however I recommend the Agnello Alla Griglia (Broiled Lamb Chops).

2  Thank doxi-mom

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Had a large party for lunch mid week after a funeral. The entire staff was attentive and service was A+ they brought out family style antipasta, baked clams, we had veal scalopini, some had parms. Few bottles of wine were replaced without asking. Everything was superb. We will be making a trip from NJ back here for dinner soon. Thank you for taking care of us, as well as doing what you did for us and the bill. Make time to visit here. Real italian, real service. Can't say enough.

1  Thank kazu79
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We FINALLY had a chance to eat in Scaramellas this week and I guarantee it will not be our last time. My Husband and I went for a mid-week dinner and the waitstaff treats you as though you have been coming there for years...They are professional,but not stuffy and make you feel so at home. We were told that if what we wanted was not on the menu,they would gladly make anything we requested..Really,how many restaurants would offer that? I happened to hear one of the guests at the next table say she didn't realize that there was something in the dish she ordered,that she doesn't usually eat..Without question the staff was there to remake her order- cheerfully and wanted to make sure she was 100% satisfied..Believe me we have all been in this situation, and many restaurants can make you feel most intimidated about saying anything,but not here!
So lets get to the meal.
The meal started with different types of Italian bread and breadsticks
Followed by a complimentary plate of bruschetta & sliced cheese.
My entree was traditional shrimp parmesan made to perfection..It is one of my favorite dishes to treat myself to, but time and time again most restaurants serve overcooked shrimp,but at Scaramellas the shrimp practically melted in your mouth. The portions are so generous that I knew I would be getting a full second meal to take home,which I ate yesterday. I always am reluctant to reheat shrimp for reasons I mentioned earlier,and even reheated, the shrimps were still tender and was absolutely delicious.
My Husband had salmon which he requested a special way and when I tasted it, it too was done Exactly the way fish should be done,tender,full of flavor..Half of this was taken home as well and as with the shrimp reheated perfectly.
The telltale sign of an excellent Italian restaurant is always the taste of the tomato sauce of course, and Scaramellas didn't disappoint here either! Not bitter, too salty or sweet, just the perfect balance.
OK,so lets not leave out dessert (as if I could :)
I had a freshly filled cannoli and my husband had raspberry crumb cheesecake and both were served lovely and were fresh and amazing!
We both also had cappuccino with dessert,also served beautifully and with a rock candy stirrer...OH LUCKY ME!!! One of my favorite things and was so unexpected.
To round everything off,we were also given a complimentary plate of sweet, cold, sliced fruit.
Again, keep in mind this was an ordinary Tuesday evening and we were treated as though it was a special occasion. This wonderful experience stayed with me throughout the week.
This restaurant will now become a regular for us and I Thank Scaramellas for a wonderful experience.

1  Thank DAISYGALAXY
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've been here many times; very consistent food. Type a place that will make almost anything you want; just ask.
Many choices of fish, meat and pasta. I normally order off the special board; 8-10 entrees to choose from.
I always leave satisfied; they treat you like family here.

1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Loved this Resturant every time I went, but on Father's Day ,I did not like what they did, first they said they would have a full menu, which they did not, then they raised all the prices, I mean some were raised more than$10, which to me is bull, especially when it's mostly your regular customers. I felt horrible especially when my mother was treating all of us for Father's Day , I will never go back to one of my favorite Resturants again, they lost a customer over greed

2  Thank Bronxpizzaman