“Feel cheated”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Loved this Resturant every time I went, but on Father's Day ,I did not like what they did, first they said they would have a full menu, which they did not, then they raised all the prices, I mean some were raised more than$10, which to me is bull, especially when it's mostly your regular customers. I felt horrible especially when my mother was treating all of us for Father's Day , I will never go back to one of my favorite Resturants again, they lost a customer over greed

2  Thank Bronxpizzaman

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I remember the first time I visited Scaramella's restaurant with some resentment. Casa Rina, a delightful restaurant in terms of specials, quality and cost was abandoning its Dobbs Ferry site to Thornwood exclusivity. However, the quality of the experience was and remained delightful. Nice free offerings were especially complimented by imaginative specials like Pasta al Vinny, a concoction of delicious large shrimp in a pink arugula sauce and a best ever stuffed portabello mushroom oddly reminiscent of a quality steak. Portions, though not inexpensive are extremely generous, similar to the famous Bronxdale Avenue's Pine Tavern as many walk out with impressively abundant doggie bags in tow.

I noticed a few particularly unkind criticisms sounded like people who, observing the dates of their responses, might have one night come together, blitzing the internet with reactions. Most people I knew enjoy Scaramella for its consistency and effort. They also do a bang up job for parties, both in house or outside.

And I couldn't agree more with the supportive response to someone who complained that his car was keyed while dining here. This is a very good neighborhood where such an infuriating event is most uncommon, and certainly bears no relationship to the restaurant itself. We've all seen a number of people whose demons become occasionally particularly strong in classic settings such as behind the wheel of a car or in a restaurant. (Alcohol as fuel, when it might be a factor, doesn't help in either case). For the rest of us, "Mangia bene"!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

the food was average and below. there is so much fat in the food that the next day the left overs were just a chunk of fat and butter.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Every trip to my corporate office means a visit to this favorite of mine. Even my VP knows where I want to go for at least one meal. This was the 6th visit to a great little place. Not sure what the persons issue was before me, but I have never had a bad or for that much a mediocre meal here. The food has always been fantastic as has the service been impeccable.

You get what you pay for here, median price for dinner runs about $24.00 and it usually is a plate full. Veal, beef, chicken, seafood and pastas are all very well prepared. You also get a serving of Bruschetta and complimentary bread. Many people leave with boxed food because of the portions.

This is no show place, the décor is okay. It is very quaint and comfortable, no fanciness needed. Very much reminds me of the godfather movies and places I grew up at.

Maybe the guy who had his car keyed blocked the construction going on in across the street? Never had an issue with parking or my safety here.

1  Thank EMB08
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The food is terrible. The restaurant decor is atrocious!!!! And ours cars were KEYED while parked in there parking lots! I would NEVER EVER go to this restaurant again!

2  Thank Kelcans