“I've been coming to Mt. Knoll my whole life (27 years).” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mt. Knoll Beach Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Diamond Point
Mt. Knoll Beach Cottages
Congers, NY
“I've been coming to Mt. Knoll my whole life (27 years).”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2009

The title says it all.

I have been coming to Mt. Knoll since I was 6 months old every year (for 1-2 weeks per visit) for the last 27 years. This year I am getting married, and my fiancée and I will spend the second week of our honeymoon with our friends and family at Mt. Knoll. There's something for everyone there, regardless of how old or young you are or whether you're traveling with friends or family.

With regards to the facilities, the cabins are some of the largest you will find in the area. The beach is large, pristine, and groomed every day; (we see the owner do it when we leave to go fishing every morning). There is a very large field that we play whiffle ball, soccer, and Frisbee in with plenty of room. I bought a jet ski in recent years and my father owns a boat, and we keep them safely docked on Mt. Knoll’s facilities, so we don’t have to travel to a marina to go out. There’s also a volley ball net, shuffle board court, kayaks, and a fire pit we use every night during our stay.

In the 27 years I’ve been coming to Mt. Knoll, I’ve seen the resort run by 3 different generations of the same family, and they’ve always made our cabin at Mt. Knoll feel like it’s our home away from home. As a child I came with my family, and as I grew up I came with friends. Now, as a young professional, I still come with my good friends and my growing family.

Simply, I cannot imagine a summer not coming to Mt. Knoll.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BobbyB_Congers_NY

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2009

We have been coming to Mt Knoll for over 20 years!! This place is truly the ultimate summer family get-a-way because they treat you like family!! All their love is shown throughout every cottage, every Adirondeck chair, every smile!!!! The total escape to relaxation packaged with exceptional hospitality!!!!

1 Thank mveglia
Litchfield,CT.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2009

We ,my wife,my 2 boys, and myself have been vacationing here for the last 10 years.We rent a lawn cottage which is plenty big and always very clean .The owner lives on the property and keeps it extremely well maintained.It has a nice sandy beach and a gradually sloping swim area.A large grassy area has a volleyball net set up and an outdoor ping pong table.Plenty of room to play wiffleball,soccer,frisbee etc..It is only about 3 miles out of the Village of Lake George and about 15-20 minutes to the shopping outlets.This is close enough to the Village and other attractions but far enough away ( about 3 miles ) to offer a nice peaceful,relaxing vacation.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank marmacLitchfield
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2009

We've been staying at Mt. Knoll cottages for the past 4 summers, and have never been disappointed. We love the private beach and floating dock, and the view of Lake George is breathtaking. The owners are very friendly and very accommodating. The location of Mt. Knoll cottages is great-- we can take a quick drive into Lake George village, or head in the opposite direction to the quaint Bolton's Landing.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank scootie64
Rockland County, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2009

This is the kind of place you return to. My wife & I began vacationing here with our 3 children in 1979. Now our kids bring their children and we all enjoy Mt. Knoll together each year. The cottages have all the basic amenities and the area provides an abundance of varied activities. The grounds are well kept and the service is personal and friendly. We plan to continue coming here for many years to come. It's become a "tradition".

1 Thank dlewisk
Higganum, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2009

My family has been staying at Mt. Knoll Beach Cottages every summer since 1998, and wouldn't dream of staying anywere else.
First, the location: it is right on the lake with its own private beach, and it is located far enough away from the town of Lake George to be away from the crowds, but close enough to be there in 10 minutes or less.
Second, the hosts: the Chimiak family are devoted to making our stay pleasant and carefree. Michael Chimiak is friendly and on the property if you need him. Need a restaurant recommendation or info on where else to go? There is copious information in the office and in Michael head, which he dispenses with a smile.
Third, the property: The cottages are well-maintained, continually updated, and immaculate. But if you're missing a can opener? Ask and you shall immediately receive. The lakefront cottages open up to an expansive lawn with ping-pong, shuffleboard, volleyball net, swings, and jungle gym, which our daughters have enjoyed every summer as they've grown up over the last 11 years.
Fourth, the ambiance: relaxed, family atmosphere. This place exudes so much relaxation that my college-bound daughter wrote one of her college application essays on how wonderful it was to return to Mt. Knoll year after year. Quite an impression.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank StaceyG09
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

My family has been staying at Mt. Knoll Beach Cottages since I was a little girl, and it's truly a magical place. It looks out on the most beautiful view in the world -- the mountains across the lake, the islands -- it's fantastic. The setting is comfortable, casual and familial. It's a great place to bring your family to relax, swim, fish, ski or just laze around. Families of all ages come there, and there is an easy and friendly atmosphere. It's great to watch little kids build sand castles on the same beautiful sandy beach that I built them on, and my kids have built them on -- you should check it out yourself!

1 Thank edaley
#8 of 9 in Diamond Point
Flamingo Resort on Lake George
Flamingo Resort on Lake George
#2 of 9 in Diamond Point

Been to Mt. Knoll Beach Cottages? Share your experiences!