“Reasonable price good location”

Flamingo Resort on Lake George
Reviewed August 7, 2009

They accidentally canceled our reservation but they made good via room Upgrade and assisting us in moving rooms. Rooms were clean and pretty comfortable. Our neighbors had an early morning trip and started making lots of noise around 4AM no fault of the Resort's...
Laura in the office is very accommodating. nice midpoint location.. you should request lake side, be aware these are primarily "housekeeping" units so maids do NOT clean up after you. Bring extra towels..

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 28, 2009

Great rooms, 2 pools, gameroom for kids and playground.
Good service, friendly staff, great lakeview.
Would come back with friends and family next year.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank master105
Reviewed May 13, 2009

My family stayed at the Flamingo for a week last August. We can't say enough good things about the resort and the staff. They made us feel at home and quickly responded to any requests we had. Our family took advantage of the great fishing and sightseeing on the lake and with the stay at the Flamingo it made for a memorable vacation. We look forward to returning this year again.

Roger, W

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank familyguy1122
Reviewed April 15, 2009

Retired and love to go up to fish, sit in the sun and RELAX. My grandfather actually took me here as a kid and while my parents never vacationed much, this great resort tucked into a beautiful bay, remained in my memory. We now make bi-annual trips. My wife and I can either grab a complimentary row boat to fish OR we can talk to the on site fishing guide for a morning afternoon or evening of fishing on the charter boat. Sometimes just hanging out on the lake front deck or the new deck over the boat house. I did that the most last time. fished from the roof early morning and baked in the sun the rest of the day. Ha/ I guess my need for loafing off was a bit more important. I want to bring more of my family here for some of the time... lol well not all of the time. Thats why its vacation!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2008

My family rented 2 places at this resort. One was to be water front--hardly. It was at the bottom of the parking lot. The view out the small kitchen window towards the lake was of the neighboring property and it's parking lot. The places were in poor condition and small. There were hardly any kitchen items to cook with and the temperature dial was missing off of our oven, so we never knew what temp we had it set at. There was some sort of drainage running through the grass to the lake. The beach area is very small. The "heated" pool was frigid--colder than the lake! While we were there we did receive good service when we asked for something. However, we were charged for a 3 bedroom rather than the 2 bedroom we were staying in and the refund was put on someone else's charge card. To date, Aug. 22nd, after several phone calls the problem has still not been resolved. The owner keeps saying she will take care of it and call me back, but has not done so. She never calls back.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank VaSAM
Reviewed August 7, 2008

I had the opportunity to see the Flamingo Resort while staying at another hotel in the Lake George Area. Although I did not see inside the rooms I walked around the property and was glad I didn't book our vacation there. The resort is in need of repairs; the paint on the buildings was peeling off. The property needs landscaping; looked dirty. There was some kind of water (sewage) running thru the lawn of the property, the lawn was muddy, and you couldn't walk on it. It was crowded and noisy.
Beware.....

• Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank nerak60
Reviewed June 15, 2008

It is a typical stay in Lake george, we having been staying here for the past 7 years with our family, My husbands family stayed here when he was a kid. it is on the lakeside, the kids have a great time , and the parents as well, we bring our boat up, and the amount of people keep increasing every year, they have BBQ grills, playground, small game room. The accomodations are good, we do not stay in the room very much, we take full advantage of the lake view. Bolton landing is a couple of miles away for a small town very quaint, and Lake George village is about 10 minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
#8 of 9 in Diamond Point
Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge
Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge
#3 of 9 in Diamond Point

Been to Flamingo Resort on Lake George? Share your experiences!