“Fantastic getaway on Lake George!”

Flamingo Resort on Lake George
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had such a great time recently at the Flamingo resort on Lake George. It was our first time there, but we will most certainly be back! The resort itself was in a great location with amazing views of the mountains and lake. It was very peaceful. There were two pools as well as the lakeside beach so while there were a good number of people there it didn't feel crowded. Both pools were a good size and were very clean and nice. They also had a games room and numerous grills around the property, so there is plently to do! Everything was spotless and very well maintained. Also the trolley stops just outside, which is very convenient for hopping into the towns of Lake George or Bolton Landing.
From the moment we arrived we found all the staff to be so friendly, helpful and accomodating. We arrived a little early, but were able to get into our cottage straight away. We found it was very clean and nice and ideally situated just a few steps from the lake. Also one night we had planned on going into the town of Bolton Landing, but, as we were running late, we missed the trolley. The people at the front desk noticed and one of them, George, very kindly offered to run us into the town in his car. We really appreciated this! Talk about helpful! Great service from people who really seem to care. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 131. It was a two room cottage very close to the lake. Very nice. Quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Naomi S

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at over 10 different places in Lake George over the years, but the Flamingo is the best .
The waterfront is excellent,you can stay in shallow water,or venture out to deep water that most places do not have in there protected swim areas.
The bridge speaks for itself for fun.
The staff went out of there way to make us have a great time.
Flamingo is not fancy,but it's clean and very comfortable.

Room Tip: 1,2 or 3 bedroom units
2  Thank Denise C
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at the Flamingo this past weekend for the first time. We are 2 adults, 2 kids, ages 11 and 5. My 11 year old loved jumping from the bridge all day and my 5 year old loved being able to "swim" in the water that wasn't too deep for her. I wanted a resort that was on the lake but also had a pool - we barely used the pool because the beach was so great. We used the kayaks, which was a lot of fun.

The only things I did not love about the rooms was that I wish there were a few hooks in the bathrooms that you could hang the wet towels. There was nothing and so it was difficult to dry them out. Kind of annoying. Rooms were small but clean though, which is a priority. We really had a great time and will probably go back.

2  Thank Molly41
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My Husband and I have had the pleasure of staying at the Flamingo for many years now and while some things have changed as one would hope (ex. all the rooms have been updated), some of the most important things have not - the service, the cleanliness of the establishment, and the fact that the owners make sure to get to know everyone who comes to stay with them. You won't be disappointed with your experience whether you spend your time on the mountain- side or on the lakeside of the resort. There is a game room for the kids, two large playground areas, two pools on both sides of the road, a volleyball net, a grassy area to kick a ball around, three outdoor ping pong tables, clean and well-stocked kitchens for family cooking, a barbecue grill at every turn, lots of picnic tables for outdoor family eating, wonderful lake-side decks for tanning, reading, relaxing, and fishing and, of course, a beachfront for playing in the sand. The kids love jumping into the water off a bridge which connects a walkway and the deck. In fact, our kids were never bored and we always felt that they were safe on the premises. All guests have access to canoes and row boats if they wish to trek out onto the lake. Now if your more adventurous and want to do some fishing for half the day or a full day, there is a charter boat at the dock and the captain, Jason, will be more than happy to take your out for a day of fishing, swimming and sightseeing. Ask the owner, George, for the details. What I most love about the resort is its location. There is a considerable beach front which can't be said about many of the resorts on the lake and the water is a perfect depth for swimming for all ages. I can't say enough about the place. We all came back home happy, relaxed and already planning our stay at the Flamingo for next summer.

2  Thank Dania L
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Just returned from a long weekend with the kids and another family at the Flamingo Resort and we're looking forward to booking next year's stay.

The Flamingo Resort is conveniently located just a few minutes north of Lake George Village - easily accessible by car or the Lake George trolley. We booked two, two-double rooms with (what I consider) a full kitchen including stove, full-sized fridge, microwave, sink, coffee maker, etc. They even included plates and silverware!

The one thing that really got me about the Flamingo was the level of cleanliness in the rooms and on the grounds. We've stayed in the Lake George area (at other locations) and were never really pleased with the level of cleanliness - poor vacuum jobs, cobwebs in the corners, dirty windows. NOT the Flamingo...the bathroom was sparkling, the carpet was immaculate and not a spiderweb to be found. Our only complaint was that we were not pleased with mattress on our bed - we found it to be too soft but it's a personal preference so I'm not going to stress it.

We rented a boat from Snug Harbor South, about a 45 min. ride by boat from the Flamingo and reserved our dock at the hotel. They offer a parking lot down by the beach to drive down kids, coolers, etc. Extremely convenient.

In all, a great time at the Flamingo and we'll look here first on our future Lake George trips.

Room Tip: Choose one of the rooms on the west side. It's further from the beach but offers the best views...
1  Thank MTBDance
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family and I have been coming here for over 25 years. As a child, I would spend at least a week or two at the Flamingo during the summer and have very found memories, as do my parents and siblings.

Now my wife and I try to get there at least once a year for a few days and when we do have kids, we will bring them here too. Last year we met some of my family up there. It was great to see my neices and nephews create the same type of memories as I did in my childhood. All children jump off the dock/bridge as a right of passage and the new dock looks great (the old one was destroyed by Hurricane Irene).

The rooms are clean and the staff are very friendly and accomodating. The Lake front is always refreshing and well maintained, as are the two pools. You can play ping pong, badmitton and they even have a game room. Kayaks and rowboats are available to use for free. I know they also offer dock space for boats and wave runners. BBQ's are located all around the grounds for people to cook and enjoy themselves.

I have read some not so favorable reveiws and my answer to that is... If you are expecting Four Seasons type amenities Lake George isn't for you!

The Flamingo is a family owned and opereated destination. It is an affordable family place to vacation or just to get away and relax in the mountain air. I just returned from a long weekend there and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GMANNS
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is my 12th year at the Flamingo Resort in Diamond Point, NY. This hotel which is located 4 miles from downtown Lake Georgo and a few miles from Bolton Landing. When I think of the Flamingo, I think of no stress, peacefulness, family, friends, and fun. The amenities are great. They have updated the rooms, added a new floating dock, provide free kayaks and rowboats, horseshoes, paddle balls, volleyball, and tons of boating options nearby. The view is spectacular and the beachfront is breathtaking.They have a high dock area to escape with a book and sunbathe and also a dock level to the beach front. They also now have a new floating dock. This is a place perfect for all ages. It doesn't get any better than the Flamingo. The location is outstanding, away from the commotion of downtown but also close to Bolton Landing. What I love the best are the families that the Flamingo brings together, the friendliness of the owners (George and Laura), the view, the comforts of the room, the service, and amenities. This is by far the best value for the money with all of the extras that you couldn't put a price tag on.

Room Tip: Lake Side rooms are best. Just steps from the beachfront.
1  Thank Rhonda M
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Lake George
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#2 of 8 in Bolton Landing

Been to Flamingo Resort on Lake George? Share your experiences!