Flamingo Resort on Lake George
Cramers Point Motel & Cottages(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$74
Agoda.com
$124
$120
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
$600
No availability for your dates from our partners
Sun Castle Resort(Lake George)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslake georgenext yearliving room and kitchenbolton landingthe past yearsrooms are cleanfort ticonderogaa week long stayevery amenitybeach frontswimming areacar showfamily friendly placeprivate beachfamily membersbridgepools
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family and I have been coming here for over 25 years. As a child, I would spend at least a week or two at the Flamingo during the summer and have very found memories, as do my parents and siblings.

Now my wife and I try to get there at least once a year for a few days and when we do have kids, we will bring them here too. Last year we met some of my family up there. It was great to see my neices and nephews create the same type of memories as I did in my childhood. All children jump off the dock/bridge as a right of passage and the new dock looks great (the old one was destroyed by Hurricane Irene).

The rooms are clean and the staff are very friendly and accomodating. The Lake front is always refreshing and well maintained, as are the two pools. You can play ping pong, badmitton and they even have a game room. Kayaks and rowboats are available to use for free. I know they also offer dock space for boats and wave runners. BBQ's are located all around the grounds for people to cook and enjoy themselves.

I have read some not so favorable reveiws and my answer to that is... If you are expecting Four Seasons type amenities Lake George isn't for you!

The Flamingo is a family owned and opereated destination. It is an affordable family place to vacation or just to get away and relax in the mountain air. I just returned from a long weekend there and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GMANNS
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is my 12th year at the Flamingo Resort in Diamond Point, NY. This hotel which is located 4 miles from downtown Lake Georgo and a few miles from Bolton Landing. When I think of the Flamingo, I think of no stress, peacefulness, family, friends, and fun. The amenities are great. They have updated the rooms, added a new floating dock, provide free kayaks and rowboats, horseshoes, paddle balls, volleyball, and tons of boating options nearby. The view is spectacular and the beachfront is breathtaking.They have a high dock area to escape with a book and sunbathe and also a dock level to the beach front. They also now have a new floating dock. This is a place perfect for all ages. It doesn't get any better than the Flamingo. The location is outstanding, away from the commotion of downtown but also close to Bolton Landing. What I love the best are the families that the Flamingo brings together, the friendliness of the owners (George and Laura), the view, the comforts of the room, the service, and amenities. This is by far the best value for the money with all of the extras that you couldn't put a price tag on.

Room Tip: Lake Side rooms are best. Just steps from the beachfront.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rhonda M
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We spent our week long vacation for the first time at the Flamingo.What a great time!The staff and the view are both awesome.The bridge at the beach keeps the kids jumping all day.I heard a man complain about not enough beach chairs in the morning,by 6pm that day I saw a truck pull up full of more beach chairs-that's great service! We met wonderful people that come back year after year.I am glad to say that our family will be joining them as a repeat guests.When we left we were already making plans to come back next year-that's a great vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank mike455
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was my second time up at Lake George. The first time I stayed at another resort which was much more expensive and had far fewer amenities. I was there the second week of July and had a great time on the lake. They had a place for me to keep my jetski and trailer and the staff was very helpful in getting the ski launched. I hope to visit again next year.

Room Tip: You can't beat the rooms with kitchens in them. They are close to the water and the extra price is absolutley worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe D
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I grew up spending the month of August at the former "Marathon Flamingo". I am now 47 and brought my kids there for the first time last year. This summer that was the only place they wanted to go! It is a typical Lake George getaway - nothing extravagant (cabins) but clean and the staff will help you with anything you need. There resort is divided by Route 9 (Lake Shore Drive) so there is the "Lake side" and the "mountain side". Mr. Pasternak passed away some years ago and the resort is now run by his children, George and Christina. It has come a long way since the kids own it - they have put a lot back into the resort and it shows. the beach is great - plenty of beach front and decks to sun on. You can rent a boat right next door if you wish. We also utilized their kayaks and row boats and found everything to be in great shape. We are returning in a few weeks and I can't wait to go back. Some great memories to be made for you and yours at the Flamingo on Lake George.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with someone that needs assistance, you are better off staying on the "lake side". Lake George has a lot of hills but the Flamingo allows you to drive your car down to the lake where there is ample parking.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family