“don t know what reservation means....”

Olympian Village Resort
Catskill
“don t know what reservation means....”
Reviewed August 20, 2006

I called the olympian resort and talked to man, telling him I needed 2 rooms, one for me, my wife, and my 3 children, and a room for my elderly aunt. We arrived 2 o'clock on friday afternoon on the 18th of august, to find out that they had rented our rooms (29 & 30) to another party. They charged my credit card with more than they quoted me for the room, almost 50.00 more, and all we were told was they had no vacancy, they double booked, no im sorry, no recommendations for somewhere else, not even a have a good day.Come to find out our rooms were given to a party that needed three rooms, we only needed two. So you see with these people money talks and reservations walk. We were hesitant to stay there in the first place , because of the mold situation they had the year prior,needless to say their going to hear from the better business bureau...

4 Thank Twolf711
kevin c, Owner at Olympian Village Resort, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Back in the 90's we only took credit cards to hold a room, if a reservation didn't show up the card was charged. never was a card charged prior to check in. also in 2006 we didn't have any employees that were male, so this along with no confirmation number made for an awkward afternoon. sorry for your inconvenience but you should always confirm reservations and get a name.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 26, 2005

This Motor Court looked pleasing form the exterior so my wife my 2 kids and myself decided to stay there. Our room was nice and the beds were large but there was an overpowering smell of air freshener. We placed the air freshener outside the room opened the windows and went for a swim and then went out to spend some time in Lake George village. Upon our return we noticed a very strong smell of mildew in the room. Everyone was exhausted and we decided to leave the door ajar and all the windows open and try to sleep. The odor was so strong that I had trouble falling asleep. We were woken when my youngest daughter of 4 years old woke us up with a loud barking cough. The doctor later told us she had an allergic reaction. I went to the front desk at 1AM and they gave us another room. This one reeked also so we decided to pack the car and leave. Upon packing I looked around with a flashlight and notices moldew growing all around the platform the beds sat on and growing up the walll in one corner of the room.
The owner would not refund my money and refused to speak to me.
Be forewarned about this place!
Doug

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
kevin c, Manager at Olympian Village Resort, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
sorry about your bad stay Doug, since then the Olympian has a new owner. all carpeting has been removed and each room has been overhalled 100%.. I don't know why your money was not refunded but i'd like to make good on it and offer you a free night on us so you can see what weve done to improve the place.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Diamond Point
Best Western of Lake George
Best Western of Lake George
#22 of 89 in Lake George
Surfside On The Lake Hotel & Suites

Been to Olympian Village Resort? Share your experiences!