“A well-placed motel - but not a resort”
Review of Blue Lagoon Resort

Blue Lagoon Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Diamond Point
Reviewed March 20, 2009

This was our first time in Lake George, so we may not know as much as some people about the offerings. While the location of this place was pretty -- the lake access just outside of the village -- it was a bit far from restaurants, bars, etc. The rooms were surprising cheap, small, a bit broken down, and not as clean as they could be. The front desk service was somewhat distant and too cool to care. On the plus side, we sure enjoyed swimming in the lake off a private pier with a view of the hills on Lake George.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Modern_Art_Lover

Reviewed December 2, 2008

This resort is incredible. I stayed here with my fiance a few years ago in one of the duplexes. We went during the winter and there was 1 other family there, it was wonderful. Warm with the fireplace, beautiful scenery on the lake and snow in the trees. It's close to the town with all the shops and restaurants. It's quiet and private and the staff/owners are amazing. Anything we needed (which wasn't much because there was pretty much everything we needed there) they were prompt and polite in helping us. We also went to a skiing area (don't remember the name) about 15 minutes away and that was fun too. About a few months ago, I started daydreaming about how wonderful and cozy and beautiful it was but I couldn't remember the name, the road or anything but I was dying to go. I looked for months online, unable to find it. Finally, I was cleaning out old boxes and found a piece of paper with all the information written on it about rates and the phone number I was so excited! I'm staying in the duplex for the Valentine's Day weekend coming up. I just can't wait!!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rosieposie555
Reviewed September 22, 2008

We have been annual guests at this resort for years. We continue to be extremely pleased with every stay. The guests are friendly, the owners are 100% responsive to our needs, the staff is magnificent, etc. etc. etc. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else on Lake George.

1  Thank LakeGeorgevisitor
Reviewed September 9, 2008

This was our first trip to Lake George. With so many places to chose from I turned to Trip Advisor for some guidance. The Blue Lagoon Resort was #1 for hotels in Lake George. Trip Advisor did not dissapoint. There are so many reasons why The Blue Lagoon is the best!

We stayed in one of the recently remodeled duplexes. Very spacious and I loved the ceramic tile and wood floors. We had a barbecue and picnic table on the patio right outside the sliding doors in the kitchen. Needless to say it was so convenient - I barbecued every day.

The beach was beautiful. My 15 year old loved the rowboat and kayaks. My 7 year old loved playing on the beach and in the playground. I loved the floating dock and just relaxing on the comfortable wooden beach chairs.

The owners Tom and Michelle are two of the nicest people you could ever meet. They go out of their way to make your stay extraordinary!

Nightime was our favorite. Everyone gathered around the camp-fire toasting marshmellows, making smores and chatting, getting to know one another. Although alot of people knew one another already because they all come back every year!

Being it was our "end of summer" trip we only stayed 4 days. I am looking forward to my next vacation to The Blue Lagoon - only one thing I woul do different
- STAY LONGER!

1  Thank Mela19
Reviewed September 9, 2008

We have just finished another great summer vacation at the Blue Lagoon. My family has been enjoying this lakeside resort for over 30 years. We have several family members and friends that have joined us over the years and they keep coming back. We have also met many wonderful people from different states and look forward to seeing them every year. I can't say enough about the owners of the Blue Lagoon. Tom & Michelle(along with their children), are wonderful, helpful and caring owners who take pride in their resort and make it a point to get to know the guests that are staying there. They also have done a terrific job in updating the cabins and adding amenities for their guests. This is the perfect vacation spot for all ages. There are many activities that are only a short distance away. Plenty of sites for children and adults. The Lake is just beautiful with its shallow beach (perfect for kids) and there isn't a more perfect place than this to get up in the morning and enjoy a cup of coffee lakeside. We have had friends stay at other resorts in the area but when they come to the Blue Lagoon they tell us that there is no comparison and that they would not stay any where else again. I hope to have many more summer vacations at the Blue Lagoon and would highly recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank mlmass
Reviewed September 9, 2008

Spent the Labor Day weekend and following week in one of the lakeside cottages, for the first time (motel efficiency last visit), and my company and I could not have asked for a more relaxing and entertaining experience. Owners Tom and Michelle are so welcoming and focused on making your stay an enjoyable one. This is by far the best resort I have visited on the lake in the past 8 years. We met at least 3-5 wonderful families throughout the week and would not consider entertaining any other resort options when vacationing to Lake George in the future.

Pictures have been posted.
Kudos to the Blue Lagoon!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2008

This (2008) will be our 23rd consecutive fall season in Lake George. We go for a month every year, and for the past twelve years have been staying at The Blue Lagoon. We had stayed at four other resorts in the region over the years before being given a tour by Tom's mother one afternoon of the cabins and grounds at the Blue Lagoon and then meeting Tom, Michele, and their children. Tom is pure class, a real gentleman, and every year we go back we see he's re-invested in adding something to make the resort more and more comfortable. Michele has the rare gift of emanating genuine warmth and love and we have grown to love them personally. We've been all over the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe but have never found a comparable "relaxability" factor as we have in the Lake George region and particularly the Blue Lagoon. Combined, they are a "slice of heaven" and we will be there every year until we die.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
#12 of 89 in Lake George
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing

Been to Blue Lagoon Resort? Share your experiences!