It's been a couple years since our family has stayed at the BLR (only being is we weren't able to get a cottage rental during the summer weeks so we had to stay somewhere else) Since our last visit to the BLR in 2009 they have done some amazing renovations to the cottages 1-4. They have all been redone on the inside. The high ceilings were beautiful.4, but another guest was nice enough to allow us to peek in to see. Our cottage was very clean when we checked in. It was nice to see that they updated the old box TV with a nice flat screen TV. The kitchen was well stocked with almost everything we needed to cook. (The only thing we could have used was a measuring cup). We had plenty of room for all of our belongings in the bedrooms and it was nice to have a FULL bath with a tub. The view from our front window every morning was beautiful. Loved looking out at the lake.
The week we stayed was a busy one at the BLR! There were a lot of kids for my son and daughter to play with. It was also nice to see some guests that we met during our first ever visit to the BLR in 2008.
The beach/swim area is great for kids. We didn't have to worry about them if we ran back to the cottage to get a snack or beverage. My son loved playing in sand and my daughter loved going out to the swim raft and jumping off. The water is shallow about 3 feet deep from shore to the raft. Sandy bottom. We took the tandem kayak out one morning. It was nice to see they upgraded the kayaks since our last visit. We also used the row boat everyday to go out fishing. That is one thing the resort could update!! It hasn't been improved in 4 years. It needs the oars fixed on it. The other improvement we noticed and was a big plus for us was they added a new swing set to the resort. The old one was pretty old! My kids loved the new one.
The owners Tom and Michele are just wonderful people. They really go out of the way to make sure that the guests are happy. Rich who manages the property also goes out of his way to make sure everything is well. He would be out in the morning picking up the night before messes that were left the beach and fire area. Cleaning the beach area, putting all the chairs back in order and picking up trash.
We had a fun week at the BLR and are looking forward to 2013! I hear that they are going to start renovations on the other cottages #6-8. This is a great family place. Nice and level compared to the many other places on Lake George.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cottage and Efficiencies on the shores of Lake George. Blue Lagoon Resort is a family resort with several amenities including 200 foot sandy beach, kayaks and rowboats, barbeques and picnic tables, outdoor games, childrens' playground and free wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Blue Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Hotel Diamond Point
- Blue Lagoon Lake George
- Blue Lagoon Resort Lake George, NY - Diamond Point