The Juliana Resort(Diamond Point)(Great Value!)
$179
Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge(Diamond Point)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Pool
$125
Flamingo Resort on Lake George(Diamond Point)(Great Value!)
$169
$155
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Treasure Cove Resort(Diamond Point)
Agoda.com
All reviewsplace to staynext yearlake georgecharcoal grilla great vacationperfect for young childrengreat hostskids enjoyliving roomevery morningfamily vacationsandy beachbeautiful view of the lakebolton landingmany yearsjohncottage
Reviewed June 24, 2013

What great cottages for families to vacation at. There are so many activities to do right at the cottages as you can find on the website. Fun, relaxed family atmosphere. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. Any questions we had were answered before we asked upon check-in. The housekeeping in the cottage and the grounds was excellent and exceeded our expectations. Our family loved it !

Room Tip: All the rooms are a short walk to the beach area so it all depends on your personal preference as to the cottage descriptions. We had an efficiency and it was very comfortable for 2 adults and 1 child. They were also quiet and most of the cottages have a lake view from the decks.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I tried to make a reservation by phone and I was promised an email confirmation. Nothing was received so I email, twice and phoned once leaving a voicemail. No one ever got back to me so told them to forget it and I booked elsewhere. Not the sort of service I would have expected but I was told they were busy, so perhaps they don't care!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Wanted to thank John and staff for making us super comfortable during our stay. Spa services and fishing charters on premises. Bonfires at night on beach. Clean cottages w/BBQ and large deck area! Property very well kept. Staff very accommodating during entire stay. We will be back next year!!:)see u then. Laura and steven

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here in the summer of 2012 with another family. Altogether, we were two couples with five children between us -- my kids are two girls, ages 6 and 8 at the time, and the other family had two girls aged 6 and 8 and a boy of about 18 months. We rented a three-bedroom cottage, which was one of the structures closest to the road, and its own stand-alone building. But the property is small enough that even to walk all the way down to the lakeshore only takes a few minutes. The cottage had a living room/dining/kitchen combo room and one bathroom with a shower stall, plus its own charcoal grill (for which you must provide your own charcoal), deck with round table, umbrella, and chairs, and a large picnic table on the lawn. The kitchen was equipped with an electric stove/oven, some dinnerware and very basic cooking equipment in a few cabinets above and below the sink area. There was also a bachelor-size fridge/freezer. As an added bonus, our cottage had two reserved parking spaces.

First off, potential guests should be aware that while every bedroom and the kitchen has a ceiling fan, there is only one air conditioning unit, which is located in the living area. It's a powerful unit, but even with the fans running, the bedrooms don't really get any of the cooling benefit of the A/C. The evenings do cool down, so we weren't too uncomfortable when sleeping, but I could have used a slightly cooler sleeping situation. The bedrooms consist of one room with a queen bed, one room with two twin beds, and one room with two queen beds. We put the four girls in the room with the two queens, two girls per bed; the other couple slept in the single queen room and set up a Pack -N- Play in there that they had brought for their son; and we slept in the room with two twins, which can be pushed together if desired. All bedrooms have a closet and dresser. Only the room with the two queens had a ceiling light; the other two rooms had a rather dim table lamp.

The bathroom's main problem was the shower, which was a VERY small stall -- like something you might find in an RV. The husband of the other couple is a fairly average-sized guy, and he kept banging his elbows into the sides as he showered. There was also not much in the way of shelving or hooks in the stall to put shampoo bottles and the like.

I highly recommend bringing some of your own cookware if you plan on using the kitchen. Also, the dinnerware is only as clean as the previous guest left them, which in our case, was fairly grimy. Whoever stayed there after me was rather lucky, on the other hand! For the most part, we ended up using paper plates and disposable flatware to avoid having to do too much washing on our vacation. Also, the linoleum by the sink area was so grimy that it felt sticky, and the bottoms of my feet were black in minutes. I had a spill, and requesting a mop was apparently a tricky thing, since there are only a couple on the premises and are used by the cleaning staff. So, I had to wait until one of the maids was done with it (a Swiffer Wet Jet) before I could use it. On the plus side, a maintenance guy cleaned out the ashes in the grills every morning.

The property is very nice and conducive to family enjoyment. There are a couple of playground areas, one for slightly older kids and one for toddlers. Plus, there is a decent amount of sandy shoreline with plenty of beach chairs. Kayaking is free pending advance reservation. You can also "book" a bonfire, but you must provide your own wood. The owners are very knowledgeable of the area (they live on the property year-round), and were able to provide terrific advice for local restaurants and activities. Their property also has a dock, and when we (at their suggestion) booked a private outing on a pontoon, the boat was able to pick us up right there. There is also a separate building with a small fitness center and a game room.

Overall, we really did enjoy our stay, and thanks to advance preparation regarding cookware, were able to cook all but three meals in our entire week there, so we definitely saved a boatload of money in that regard. The biggest negative for me was the insufficient A/C in the bedrooms, but as I said, it ended up being tolerable. I would stay there again (providing my husband is willing to eat out more often -- doing all that cleanup wasn't much of a vacation for me).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TheJodester
Reviewed October 21, 2012

DCC is a great place for young families. And as long as you're not hoping for much privacy this is an excellent choice. Positives: the cottages are authentic Adirondack style (brought back memories of staying at my Aunt's mountain house as a child in the '60s), there's a central grassy yard with jungle gyms for kids, most cottages have their own deck with table, chairs & unbrella, the beach has a great dock with built in seating, for many cabins parking is right next to your door. Unfortunatley some of what I really liked about this place also contributes to it's drawbacks: the cottages are very small. VERY small. The seating in the living room area is not enough for a family with teens. The shower stall is TINY. It's not possible to pick anything up if you drop it and shaving my legs was a challenge. But there were charming details that I really loved - oldschool trestle-style table & benches in the living/kitchen area, door latches on bed & bathroom doors, knotty pine paneling through-out. The cottages are also VERY close to eachother. While dining on your deck you will hear your neighbor's child screaming in the shower (since it's tough to bathe toddlers in a tiny shower), and when you're using the bathroom you'll hear your other neighbor's kid singing on their deck. We got to know all of our neighbors (didn't have much choice since we were so close) and we enjoyed that element - but you should know about it in advance. Since I like to sit out on the deck in the early morning in loungewear with my coffee I had to be very cautious about being modest since people walking to the lake on the path are passing by within 2-3 feet of you while sitting on your deck.
A huge advantage is the the kids can play together in the grassy yard while parents prepare dinner & enjoy a glass of wine afterwards. My teens really enjoyed it becuase the closeness of the place allowed them to hang out with the other teens until midnight (which we'd otherwise never allow). But there were not alot of teens.

Some reviews compalined that there's only one A/C unit and it's in the living room - but I have to say, it was sufficient - and my husband likes the A/C set so low that we have icicles hanging form our chins.

This place is PERFECT for families with young kids for another reason too - the beach is super-shallow. Shallow like you're up to your knees until you're 20 feet out. Parents of toddlers & preschoolers will love this place since it's a dream for watching your kids. For us it was tougher - we couldn't get into deep water at all.

By the end of the week we had become friendly with the other families there as my teens loved being with their little kids and the freedom to hang out at night. My teens want to go back next year but as adults we are not convinced. We'd like to find a place with a little more privacy, relaxed living room seating for 4 adults and a shower large enough to pick up my razor if dropped. It'd also be nice to used the bathroom without hearing my neighor's chatting quietly on their deck.

We wish we had found this place years ago when the kids were preschoolers as it is a PERFECT fit for families with little ones. Perfect. And all of the families we met with young children plan on going back next year.

PS - the place is clean, they supply kitchen wear for cooking & serving. They do not provide bathtowels - but John is VERY clear about that in the confirmation email. The BBQ grills are for charcoal and John sells charcoal, light fluid & firewood. But you can get all of those at much lower cost at KMart.

Overall the place was really nice. We did have a nice time - the kids were happy. We only wish the cabins were a tiny bit larger and farther apart and that there was deeper swim area at the beach.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family