Golden Sands Resort on Lake George(Diamond Point)(Great Value!)
$130
Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge(Diamond Point)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Pool
Olympian Village Resort(Diamond Point)(Great Value!)
$143
$122
$97
$155
Cramers Point Motel & Cottages(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$89
$129
$122
  • Pool
All reviewslake georgea great vacationperfect for young childrengreat hostsvacation experiencekids enjoyliving roomthe grillsandy beachbeautiful view of the lakebolton landingmany yearsjohncottageplaygroundboatdeck
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at Diamond Cove for 4 nights and I can say that for the price, this place is wonderful. The dedicated proprietors are awesome at what they do, and they run a tight ship. Cabins were clean, comfy, and well equipped. The layout was good, and the beach and dock were a pleasure. The free use of kayaks,,, icing on the vacation cake. Great family destination.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank EileenCasti
KrisSantiagoOwner, Owner at Diamond Cove Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your Lake George vacation. Please come back for a kayak ride anytime.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

It was my first time with my family in Lake George and I am glad we stayed at Diamond Cove, a stress-free place, all that you need in one place. It is a family friendly place, I had the opportunity to meet nice people and hope to have made friends with them. Diamond Cove has a lovely (and clean) beach with a water so crystal clear from the Lake and such nice views that My wife and I still have it in our minds. I loved to wake up in the morning and let our kids play in the playground while we prepared breakfast, then simply head out to the beach where we spent endless hours. The owners will answer any question that you may have, most importantly their own children enjoy the premises as much as my kids did, i could not have asked for nothing better.
Over all: beautiful place, clean, well maintained and excellent service. There is no pool and it is not needed.

Room Tip: I guess any room is good
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We are glad you had a great time and we thank you for staying at Diamond Cove Cottages.

Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

This was our 2nd year in a row we took a family vacation at this resort. We were 9 adults and 11 kids and once again... We all had a blast. The resort has everything you need in one place. The rooms are good size and clean. The grounds are kept in good shape. The beach is awesome! The kids can go out far and still shallow water. The kayaks and rowboats were alot of fun. We even rented a pontoon boat and docked it at the pier by the beach. It can't get more convenient than that. Look no further this is the place to stay in the adirondacks.

• Stayed: July 2012

We are happy your family enjoyed our resort so much to return for a second year in a row. Thank You!!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Me, my girlfriend & my friends ( 2 other couples) all decided to plan a getaway trip to Lake George Resorts where we all chipped in. However it was a great escape from NYC & all the drama. However we all like it because John which was the guy who helped plan the trip was a great help. He assisted us in whatever we needed to know. Although we went during off season wasn't pretty bad except for when it rain which didn't really ruin our fun because of course we did do indoor activitivites in which we did have a great time. Yes we did have a little bit of issues wherenitnwas hard for us to BBQ because there was one day when it rained hard that we has to wait for the rain to calm down for us to continue BBQ'ing. I do think there's a couple of things they need to add to make the place more comfortable for more people to go. I think John should consider putting an umbrella above the grill so it makes it more easier for to continue BBQ'ing while it is raining. Also thank god it wasn't too hot because there is only one air conditioner that is located in the living room of the cabin. Although there are ceiling fans, but when it gets humid, you are not going to feel the air from the fan. Another thing is, there was like a 19" I don't know the exact size but old school TV in the living room as well. I do believe with all the $$ he makes he can at least get a 32" flat screen TV. Also by the time I went to shower, the rug that was in the bathroom was soaked wet due to the shower curtain. I do think he should put a shower door & also put a BETTER shower head. Honestly the shower head did suck. I was very disappointed in that. Not yet to mention when we 1st got to the cabin, I noticed there was a mouse trap on the kitchen counter by the sink. Smh. On top of that some of our food got spoiled which wenhadnto throw out without it being cook due to the refrigerator that wasn't hardly working. The stove sucked as well. There was only 2 burners that were working. Smh again. Although I did have fun on the trip, I was still disappointed. If I ever go back to Lake George, I would definatetly try another resort. I don't think me & my friends would go back to Diamond Cove. As we was driving to go do water boat activity we saw other resorts that had pools. Diamond Cove did not have a pool therefore if you wanna go out and have fun you basically would have to drive out of Diamond Cove Resort to have better enjoyment. I personally wouldn't spend my $$ on going back to this resort. It was a little bit over pricey too due to lack of activities

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank LadyNez
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Diamond Cove constantly strives for excellence by providing all our guests with a great vacation experience. We listen to our guests feedback in an effort to constantly improve our Lake George resort. Many of the issues outlined by this guest could have been rectified if management or staff were simply notified. During their stay not one complaint or issue was ever brought to the attention of management or our staff. How could we possibly assist a guest with any specific needs if we are not notified? We employ a full time year round maintnence person that takes care of any repairs, breakdowns that our guests may have from time to time. I feel that this guest may have had some frustrations due to the weather challenges they had during there stay. It rained the majority of the time during there short stay which appears to have led to a soured vacation experience and some misleading accusations about our resort. Umbrellas over charcoal BBQ grills is not possible as it may start a fire which would put other guests' safety at risk. They also were aware that there was only one shower in the unit so I would expect that the shower mat would be soaked after 7 adult showers however if they had asked for additional mats they would have been gladly provided. No complaints were ever mentioned about the refridgerator, and possibly their food might have been spoiled from being in the car for 4-5 hours before they arrived at our resort. When they booked their room, they did inquire about our three bedroom deluxe which has 32" lcd tvs, however it was aleady booked and unavailable. They were all aware that they had a 20" tv. They were also aware that Diamond Cove Cottages does not have a pool instead we are a lakefront resort with our own private beach and docking facility. As far as the mouse trap goes the previous guest had mentioned that they were feeding a chipmunk on there deck and one of their kids think it may have run into the cottage so a trap was set in case something had run into the cottage and was just an oversight that it was not removed prior to this guests arrival. That we apologize for. All in all we enjoyed having these guests at our resort in fact they even cooked us a plate of food from the bbq grill. Again if any issues arise at any hotel the guest should always inform the staff so measures can be taken to rectify any concerns. Tripadvisor members can see for themselves that Diamond Cove Cottages is a family friendly resort.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were originally looking to book at lakegeorge resort however we deceided to give this place a try. It was three couple and we split the price. We went during off season however still found the price of the cottage to be a bit pricey. John santiago the resort manager was very friendly and helpful when it came to helping us find activities to do while we were there. However we went during off season and there were not many activities available which lead us to conclude that we should have payed we less for our cabin although we did get it at a lower price then high season.

The cabin was in good condition , and there were clean sheets and pots and pans available for us.However there was a mouse trip underneath the refrigerator which we happened to run across which left us all a little concerned.There was one small 13 " tv with cable but no HBO which im sure was extra. I believe they should upgrade to flats screen tv's atleast the average size of 32".We also felt there should be a rain deck so that you can still bbq if it is raining , because after all you do want to take advantage and make the most of your stay there.

Another thing that bothered us was that there was no pool. We knew there wouldnt be one but we thought it would make a great addition to the resort. Lakegeorge does have a heated outdoor pool so even when its not 90 degrees you can still enjoy the water.

The lake was very pleasant and relaxing and also we got to do a bonfire which was pretty cool , but there will always be people such as myself that prefer a pool.Over all we made the trip great because of the company we were with and the constant games etc ..

I do think it was a little pricey and for the price like i said they should atleast have a raindeck , pool , and flatscreen tv's not asking for alot considering most hotels in the area already have those amenities. We arrived there late and missed our check in time of 4pm by like four hours which was our own fault we appreciated they left the office open till we arrived however when we asked on our secound to last day if we could stay a few hours longer he wanted to charge us 100 dollars extra to stay until 2pm as opposed to 10am smh. We declined and felt although it was not anyones fault that we can late he could have atleast tryed to axccomadate us even fifty dollars would have been reasonable but ...100 for four more hours cmon !!

We all felt there should have been some incentive to conme back such as 20% off our stay next time but when we asked we were told all he had available to offer was for us to like them on facebook and fill out a review on trip advisor for a chance to win a free trip back ..i think they could have done alot better in that department especially because there are so many places to go and offers available he should want some assurance that we will definetly come back .. guess not.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple