If you plan on sitting in the filthy room all day and not making a peep, and you don't mind being watched the entire time By someone with binoculars. Than stay here. Their customer service was not only horrible, but we were ripped off. We had multiple rooms, containing grandparents down to babies. And we were taking advantage of. We were not aware of any rules, but by playing frisbee, drinking a few beers, and cooking after 8 pm. We found out that we had broken rules and were kicked out, with out ant kind of warning. We had to find new rooms at midnight, which is impossible. One women was pregnant and the children
Were terrified and stressed behind any fairness . No one broke any rules and the guy running the place had obviously done this before, because he knew exactly what he could get away with. I wouldn't stay their again if they paid me $500 a night. This was the worst hotel experience we ever had. We travel a lot and i would never leave a bad review just BC everyone and place has a bad day sometimes, but this guys should not be in bussiness, he was freindly on the phone, but once he received all the money from everyone, a switch went off and this lunatic went into rip off mode. We ended up having to pay $356 for our 8 hour stay at this place. In the past sometimes drinking and having a good time does gets a little loud, but you get a warning and you change what your doing. This guy gave no warning and we didnt do anything to deserve being kicked out or getting a warning. This guy clearly either missed a dose or needs to be medicated heavily. The pictures on the site are very deceiving and the place has a terrible set up. Their are no phones in the rooms, their is no internet unless your with in 20 feet of the office. Their was no ice, or coffee maker, the fridge didn't get cold. The rooms were dirty, the shower sucked, the deck outside the rooms was cover in slippery mold and moss, their were dangerous splinters everywhere.. this place is by far the worst resort in lake George, actually the worst resort in our country and probably most third world countries. If you had to stay their for what ever reason, give as little deposit possible, and don't pay upfront. He will kick you out and keep you money. I didn't believe my wife when she said she seen some one with binoculars looking at the room across from the office, but now after seeing them in the officei feel terrible for not saying something earlier. He was creepy and definitely not all their.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands Resort on Lake George is a "Family Atmosphere" lakeside resort motel offering comfortable 1 and 2 room accommodations on our private wide natural sand beach and shallow swimming area. We're located at the widest part of Lake George with spectacular 15 mile views, lakeside rooms, Free kayaks, Free Wi-Fi, private beach, dock, fridges, microwaves, playgrounds, ping-pong, b-ball, BBQ and picnic areas, lakeside fire pit, we're on Lake George trolley line, close to Lake George Village, and close to all restaurants and attractions! We're fun for the entire family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Golden Sands Resort on Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Resort On Lake George Hotel Diamond Point
- Golden Sands Resort On Lake George NY - Diamond Point