All reviewsthe ownerfree kayakinglake georgebeach area was very cleansmall roomprivate beachawesome placerustic feelknotty pineclean roomsmini fridgebeach sideplace is cleantook advantagepicnic tablesbring your ownbad reviews
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Always a good choice if you want simple peace and quiet. Great view of the lake, free kayaking, private beach, close to just about everything and a friendly staff that will advise on the best eats and shops. Best is the cost is very reasonable compared to other locations....

The only downer is that I could not take my dog this time around. In the past, this was a pet friendly site, but no longer :(

Room Tip: Stood in joining rooms 15 and 16. Great for the family
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gee C
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Bob was one of the friendliest and knowledgeable person about the lake George area. He gave us a great deal with the rooms a d recommended the good sightseeing spots around the area. Will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Pick the room towards the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sdk22
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is my first time writing review for anything. Lication is pretty decent but rooms are like match boxes with doors that don't even open completely. Shower stalls are a story again, a normal sized person would feel like an Elephant in them.

All this is still bearable in comparison to the person who is managing the place. He is the nastiest SOB you will find on this planet. He does not have an ounce of decency as to how to talk to a human let alone to a women. He calls his guests cheap because they are staying at his place and not at Segamore resorts. He asks people to get out of his office literally!! He calls people fat and obnoxious on their faces. He does not understand difference between talking and arguing.

If anyone has self respect and ego I will not suggest this resort. You are better of spending little extra money some other place or sacrificing something else rather than face this insolent person and spoiling your whole vacation.

• Stayed: September 2012
24  Thank Bashets
GoldenSandsResort, Owner at Golden Sands Resort on Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

We here at Golden Sands Resort on Lake George, New York have a 25 year proven record of treating our patrons with respect and accommodation for their needs and requests. 99% of our reviews on this site are overwhelmingly positive. It is unfortunate that someone saw fit to attempt to adversely affect prospective customers' opinion of our resort before they even do business with us. Nobody, in 25 years, has resportedly had such an experience with us.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

My family of 5 stayed in room 17 in August 2012. The room was adequate for our purposes. We found it clean and functional. Having the table/chairs just outside the room was a nice little bonus. But being "on the lake" is why you want to stay here. Sandy beach with shallow water is great for small children. See if they can catch those ducks! Free single and double kayaks to get out onto the lake with. A fire pit to enjoy a camp fire by the lake at night. One night I hung out with some other vacationers, one night my family had the fire pit to ourselves, one night I sat out at the lake with a couple beers by myself and just enjoyed the sounds of the lake at night. The location is perfect. Convenience stores, Bait shop, Ice cream shop... all very close near by. Right in between the Village and Bolton Landing. It's quiet and relaxing as opposed to all the activity and crowds at the Village. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The rates are reasonable. We plan on going back.

Room Tip: We were in room 17, amongst the 14-17 area. I was glad to not be in the area adjacent to the highway as it might be a little noisy as traffic picks up in the morning.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in late August 2010. This was our first tip to Lake George. I stopped at Golden Sands to inquire about a room. Bob gave us a great rate because I was a walk-in and it was getting late in the day. We only took our room for one night but liked it so much we extended our stay and spent a total of five days. Rooms were old but no problems. Slept like a baby on the bed. One neighbor was smoking or noisy ( I can't remember), my wife mentioned it to Bob and he moved us down to the room closest to the lake. Bob was very nice and I liked his golden retriever dogs. His staff with girls from Russia or Ukraine were also very nice. The water is crystal clear and the views are fantastic. I would stay there again if I was in Lake George.

Room Tip: Get aroom closest to the water
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple