The Juliana Resort(Diamond Point)(Great Value!)
$179
Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge(Diamond Point)(Great Value!)
$139
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

Flamingo Resort on Lake George(Diamond Point)(Great Value!)
$169
$155
$391
$139
TripAdvisor
Flower Cottages(Diamond Point)
Lake George Suites(Diamond Point)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ownerfree kayakinglake georgebeach area was very cleansmall roomprivate beachawesome placerustic feelknotty pineclean roomsmini fridgebeach sideplace is cleantook advantagepicnic tablesbring your ownbad reviews
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is my first time writing review for anything. Lication is pretty decent but rooms are like match boxes with doors that don't even open completely. Shower stalls are a story again, a normal sized person would feel like an Elephant in them.

All this is still bearable in comparison to the person who is managing the place. He is the nastiest SOB you will find on this planet. He does not have an ounce of decency as to how to talk to a human let alone to a women. He calls his guests cheap because they are staying at his place and not at Segamore resorts. He asks people to get out of his office literally!! He calls people fat and obnoxious on their faces. He does not understand difference between talking and arguing.

If anyone has self respect and ego I will not suggest this resort. You are better of spending little extra money some other place or sacrificing something else rather than face this insolent person and spoiling your whole vacation.

• Stayed: September 2012
24  Thank Bashets
GoldenSandsResort, Owner at Golden Sands Resort on Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

We here at Golden Sands Resort on Lake George, New York have a 25 year proven record of treating our patrons with respect and accommodation for their needs and requests. 99% of our reviews on this site are overwhelmingly positive. It is unfortunate that someone saw fit to attempt to adversely affect prospective customers' opinion of our resort before they even do business with us. Nobody, in 25 years, has resportedly had such an experience with us.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

My family of 5 stayed in room 17 in August 2012. The room was adequate for our purposes. We found it clean and functional. Having the table/chairs just outside the room was a nice little bonus. But being "on the lake" is why you want to stay here. Sandy beach with shallow water is great for small children. See if they can catch those ducks! Free single and double kayaks to get out onto the lake with. A fire pit to enjoy a camp fire by the lake at night. One night I hung out with some other vacationers, one night my family had the fire pit to ourselves, one night I sat out at the lake with a couple beers by myself and just enjoyed the sounds of the lake at night. The location is perfect. Convenience stores, Bait shop, Ice cream shop... all very close near by. Right in between the Village and Bolton Landing. It's quiet and relaxing as opposed to all the activity and crowds at the Village. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The rates are reasonable. We plan on going back.

Room Tip: We were in room 17, amongst the 14-17 area. I was glad to not be in the area adjacent to the highway as it might be a little noisy as traffic picks up in the morning.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in late August 2010. This was our first tip to Lake George. I stopped at Golden Sands to inquire about a room. Bob gave us a great rate because I was a walk-in and it was getting late in the day. We only took our room for one night but liked it so much we extended our stay and spent a total of five days. Rooms were old but no problems. Slept like a baby on the bed. One neighbor was smoking or noisy ( I can't remember), my wife mentioned it to Bob and he moved us down to the room closest to the lake. Bob was very nice and I liked his golden retriever dogs. His staff with girls from Russia or Ukraine were also very nice. The water is crystal clear and the views are fantastic. I would stay there again if I was in Lake George.

Room Tip: Get aroom closest to the water
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I am back again. I love this place.. If you want a good old fashioned/nostalgic vacation.. the way it used to be.. when things were simple, then this is the perfect place. Even though there is wi-fi and new flat panel TV's, I don't use them. We can all stay home if we wanted that.

Its about coming somewhere with your family, and relaxing and disconnecting from all that high tech stuff. But for those of you who NEED it and can't disconnect.. its HERE regardless.

The beach is the best that I have seen in the area when we travel the shore on boat tours.. and it seems to grow a little larger every year. The water is shallow enough for young kids which I love because its SAFE and no smell of diesel fuel because there are no boats docked at Golden Sands. And I am so proud of my 6 year old daughter who just learned to snorkel here this year. The crystal clear, calm water is perfect for learning her new skills. (photos attached)

I don't understand the complaints about there being no silverware and no dinner plates. Who wants to wash dishes on vacation? Ever hear about plastic spoons and forks and paper plates? Its not advertised as an efficiency unit so don't expect a full kitchen. It has a mini fridge to keep your drinks cold and a little microwave to heat up some leftovers from that big dinner you had in town the night before or for reheating your coffee. Thats all you need.

We always get a good night sleep here. And for those complaining about noises.. you can have loud neighbors WHEREVER you stay, even at the $450/night Six Flags Great Escape Lodge that we stayed at over the winter!! There were children running down hallways and people up late at night stomping above us so it makes no difference. "It is what it is" when you travel .. and I bet YOU make more noise then you think also! ; )

See you next year!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jpontillo2
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed in the rooms by the shore rather than the motel rooms near the road.

First, the bad. The rooms have a musty stink which your nose gets used to but frankly is rather offensive to the nostrils on arrival. Also the soundproofing is really bad. Rooms 23, 24 and 25 (furthest from the lake) are underneath the upper level and the noise of the guests above stomping around, flushing the toilet and talking was really bad. It woke us all up every night when they came home inconsiderately noisy after midnight (we are early sleepers). Even earplugs weren't enough to block out the noise. The rooms in general feel really dated and in need of a good refurbish. Checkout is 10am ("NO EXCEPTIONS!") which is far too early. And strict.

As for the good, the free kayak rental is great and the little sanded beach is nice. Grills are provided for BBQing and kept clean on a daily basis. There is a rather basic swing and slide set for kids to play on and an extensive grassy area to run around in. The shallow waterfront is also great for young kids to wallow around in safely. The staff at the front desk (owner and employee) are extremely friendly and helpful.

Imagine a bit of a rundown motel you'd expect to pay $60 or $70 a night for on some highway in the middle of nowhere. Now transplant that motel to the Lake George beachfront and charge $200. That's what you have here and you have to decide if the lakeside premium is worth it. For a couple of nights, in our opinion, juuust about....

• Stayed: July 2012
8  Thank MisterGulliver
GoldenSandsResort, Owner at Golden Sands Resort on Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Golden Sands Resort is located just outside Lake George Village at the lake's widest point, and has a great natural sand beach, as this tripadvisor reviewer notes. We encourage tripadvisor viewers to visit our website which supports over 100 photos and videos for your own review and to see for yourself if Golden Sands Resort, and it's 'family atmosphere' is for you? The guest notes that they are 'early sleepers,' and we have no control over their sensitivity to noise. As far as rooms assessed at about $60.00, our rates for lakeview rooms are 175.00/night, not 200.00/night. It must be noted that this guest occupied merely 2 rooms, and not 3, and our staff noted the guest's improper disposal of their baby's 'diapers.' This appears to account for any smell. The Sagamore Hotel, north of Golden Sands Resort, and others, rates range between 300.00 - 900.00/night (+ taxes and gratuities.) Golden Sands Resort supports 600+ families during the summer months, with a nearly 70% return guest base. Unfortunately, not all the guests who enjoy, and even 'love' Golden Sands Resort post reviews on tripadvisor. If they did, you'd note even more great reviews over the 160 reviews now posted. In closing, our guest notes value of 60.00. There are accommodations in the Lake George region for under 100.00/night, of course not directly on the lake. Our check-out time is clearly posted and consistent with other local accommodations. Guests tend to arrive early, and wish to depart later, as this guest notes - They must have had some fun, even though they object to nearly everything, including 'policies.' Visit our website, Youtube channel for videos, and see for yourself why we're a popular 'top of its class' modest 'Mom and Pop.'