We stayed beachfront on this "bacon strip" lot, bordered by two other "resorts" of the same fashion. The outside was great for our extended family, included four young children and my mother-in-law. The beach was clean and shallow for the kids and the picnic area was very useful. HOWEVER, the rooms were awful. The beds were concave! I've never slept in a bed this bad and our relatives said the same of the beds in their rooms. The shower is so small too! The rugs are at least 30 years old. And we had a mouse... there was poop all over the counters and table in the morning. I won't go back unless they renovate and update the rooms. Thank god we had great weather and could be outside most of the day/night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands Resort on Lake George is a "Family Atmosphere" lakeside resort motel offering comfortable 1 and 2 room accommodations on our private wide natural sand beach and shallow swimming area. We're located at the widest part of Lake George with spectacular 15 mile views, lakeside rooms, Free kayaks, Free Wi-Fi, private beach, dock, fridges, microwaves, playgrounds, ping-pong, b-ball, BBQ and picnic areas, lakeside fire pit, we're on Lake George trolley line, close to Lake George Village, and close to all restaurants and attractions! We're fun for the entire family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Golden Sands Resort on Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Resort On Lake George Hotel Diamond Point
- Golden Sands Resort On Lake George NY - Diamond Point