“Very nice, would definately go back again..”

Golden Sands Resort on Lake George
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Diamond Point
Chelmford, MA
“Very nice, would definately go back again..”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Clean and neat rooms with wonderful access to the beach. Great having kayaks available for guests. Thank you!

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Queensbury, New York
Reviewed September 8, 2011

If you want a place to relax and enjoy nature but close to all the action in the area this is it. The views are spectacular and the beach pristine. Terrific staff. The owner,Bob, will make you feel really welcome and his dog Abbey is terrific.

Room Tip: The lakeside rooms have wonderful views
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
london
Reviewed September 4, 2011

My boyfriend and I were lucky enough to end up spending a night in Golden Sands in late August. Although our short stay was only supposed to be a stopover between montreal and New York it ended up being on of my favourite parts of the trip. We are both from Europe (the UK and Germany) so hadn't heard of Lake George but decided to stop on a whim...needless to say we were not disappointed. It goes without saying that Lake George and the surrounding area is full of absolutely stunning nature but it was staying at Golden Sands which really made our stay so great. From the moment we enquired about a room for the night Bob, the owner, went out of his way to make us feel comfortable and was so helpful and enthusiastic about the area it made us wish we had a week to stay there. He even let us stay past check out so as we could make use of the kayaks - definitely a highlight!

If you're looking for a good, well priced place to stay in Lake George then Golden Sands is it. I know there are lots of places in Lake George...believe me...we went into a lot asking about rooms but as soon as we entered Golden Sands it felt right and I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else if I was to go back to Lake George.

Room Tip: Room 18, where we stayed is definitely the best - amazing views and lots of light!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Like always, we are back again.. every time I come back, something new is done or updated. Nice new railings on the deck, new playground equipment for the kids, new benches on the dock. Bob, the owner of the establishment always does his best even in a hard economy to keep things fresh for his visitors.

I brought my girlfriend this time with my kids and she loved it, and she was pleasantly surprised how quiet it was and how spotless the beach was compared to other places she personally has been in the past. One of the best locations in the area as far as I am concerned. I have checked out many but really loved it for the beach for the kids and the small gradual decline of the lake is very comforting for a parent knowing the kids won't drop all of a sudden when walking into the lake. Perfect place for families and very quiet.
Took out the complimentary kayaks out with the kids and they LOVED the experience and the practice we were able to do in a very protected area of the lake.. See you next year!

Frederick
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Bob, who owns and operates the Golden Sands Resort, was extremely helpful in guiding us to excellent restaurants, hiking trails--really, anything we asked about. My husband and I felt as if the motel staff worked around OUR routine--sleeping late, eating breakfast in the room, which was easy and convenient due to the refrigerator and table--so we felt very cosseted. The resort itself is lovely--very Adirondecks--a great beach area, kayaks, chairs, lawn.

Bob told us that he'd like us to have a lake shore room but that none were available. However, we were delighted with the room we had--it was still convenient to the lake and Diamond Point is a perfect location from which to sight see.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This resort is in a great location on the lake and has a wonderful private beach which the kids spent all day at having a wonderful time. Like another poster stated this is not a 4-star hotel but was very clean and did not have any odd smells or odors. I traveled with my dog , but as you read these reviews people are complaining about what there dog couldn't do. It's nice to find a place that even allows dogs and I agree with Bob the owner, not everyone is a dog lover and any responsible dog owner should know that. I had no problem with the room location or where I could or couldn't take my dog. Also, the day I checked out I had left a credit card behind in my room after my 2 year old daughter was playing with my wallet and it fell out, but even before I noticed it was gone Bob had called me to let me know that they found it and that he would mail it to my home. This is great costumer service.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I decided for Golden Sands Resort for the reasonable prices and because is a little north from the hustle and bustle of the city. The motel is small but very clean and perfect for outdoor lovers. The access to the beach is perfect for kayaking. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Highly recomended

Also consider these accommodations in or near Diamond Point
#16 of 88 in Lake George
Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge
Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge
#4 of 9 in Diamond Point

Been to Golden Sands Resort on Lake George? Share your experiences!